• The brand name LU was derived from the initials of the couple that launched
the brand – Lefevre Utile.
•Continental Biscuits Limited (CBL) was founded in 1984 following a Joint
Venture between the family of Hasan Ali Khan and the Group Danone, the
French food giants.
• In the year 2007 Danone sold their biscuits category to Kraft Foods of USA.
Today the company has a joint venture with Kraft Foods with a shareholding of
50.5% and 49.5% respectively.
• For more than two decades CBL is engaged in the manufacturing and
marketing of the brand LU.
OUR PRESSENCE IN PAKISTAN
•Our Manufacturing location based
in Sukkur is a centre of excellence
which provides employment to 2200
people in the region.
•Our Marketing, Sales, Finance,
Commercial, IT and the Human
Resources functions are located in
the head office in Karachi employing
a total of 180 employees.
• As a part of the leading FMCG our
head office has close links both with
the Regional Offices of Kraft in
UAE and our Manufacturing Plant
MARKET SHARES & DOMINATION
• We currently enjoy a market share of over 30 percent in Pakistan.
• Our supremacy in the biscuit industry is due to our prime emphasis
on quality products coupled with an excellent distribution network.
• Currently EBM dominates Pakistan biscuit scenario, however other
brands like Us (Continental Biscuits Limited) have been consistent in
their to remain in the market and have kept posing competition to
• Inspite of that, EBM has shown a consistent exponential growth in
increasing market share every year.
TO COMPETE WITH OUR RIVAL WE MUST …
• Delivering more than we promised, go
beyond and above customer expectation –
package the expected and unexpected to
• Sending our customers and prospects
surprise gifts; spread the love around;
rewarding our best customers via a surprise;
taking care of even our most casual customers
to turn them into loyal shoppers
• Invent creative marketing programs
Focus on customer-driven value innovation –
every day! Be unique in our approach to
creating and delivering customer value.
• Customers like uniqueness, and they will view
their relationship with your business as a
special, rewarding one.
• Developing the ability to surprise and
move quickly to create competitive
• Change the name of the game by
introducing radical innovations
• Search for opportunities everywhere
and pursue them – with speed
• Initially, stay beneath the radar of your
competitors; then emerge unexpectedly
and keep accelerating the pace of
change as your competitors weaken
• Create an inspiring
corporate culture; make
business fun; give surprise
•Be different – being unique in
your business aspirations and
approaches is a great reward
for your employees.
DUE TO ITS PAKAGING, REFRESHING TASTE AND LARGE COOKIES IN
SIZE AND ITS UNIQUE ADVERTISEMENT BUT THE COST ARE HIGH
BUT IN OUR CASE WE GONE WITH THE SAME PRICE AND THE SAME
OLD FASIONED DESIGN, WE HAVE TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY
• INOVATION IS LOVE : MORE INOVATIONS IN THE BISCUITS IS A VERY
HEALTHY SIGN FOR THE PRODUCT
• SAME PRICE BUT MORE QUANTITY IN TIKKI PACKS, HALF ROLLS &
ECONOMY PACKS. (If we are offering low prices, customers want those
prices slashed further)
• STRONG U.S.P. ( UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION) THIS MAKES US
DIFFERENT FROM OUR RIVAL )
•SAME PRICE BUT BIGGER IN SIZE
•BISCUITS FOR DIFFERENT AGE OF CUSTOMERS.
•REDESIGNING OF THE PRODUCT WILL ALSO HELP IN INCREASING
• RE-LAUNCHING OF THE EXISTING PRODUCT IN A NEW WAY (MARKET
• MORE DISTRIBUTORS, MORE SALES
• SPONSORSHIP IN DIFFERENT FAMOUS GAMES AND TV SHOWS
VERY IMPORTANT MANTRA …..
• Power of Vision (No Dreams – No Gains)
• Magic of a Rallying Call
• Directing Peoples Power, Energy, Exuberance & Passion
• Make the Change happen
• Learn to reject, Research & Explore, Spend time
• Invest ahead of time, Be the 1st to introduce, Take risk
• Suit your business to customers needs, otherwise Customers
will suit themselves
• Open, Challenging, Competing, Empowering, Team
working & Fun working
THE FUTURE …….
• God has been kind to us
• Our Consumers have been kind to us
• We have lived up to their trust and confidence in our company
and brands through our Marketing initiatives
• Aggressive marketing plans for the future
• We have glorious past…an enviable present and God-willing, a
prosperous future ahead of us where the Sound of Peek Freans
will continue to keep resounding in your hearts