• Do your group assignment
in a CREATIVE way.
• Maximum 5 minutes presentation
• 6 July 2010 (Tuesday)
• Email by 4 July 2010 (Sunday) 23:59:59
• Or those hand-written assignments, can submit on
Monday before recess time
• P Just make it simple !
• don’t waste a lot of money to do this assign ment
for a target group
1. Pregnant mother
5. Elderly people
7. Diabetes Patients
8. Patients with Hypertension
• For each “target group”,
• prepare an appropriate diet menu for target
• justify the selection your group has made.
• Madam Pregnant is ironing her husband’s
• Her husband works as a farmer.
• He grows fruits and vegetables in his farm.
• He also rear cows in his farm. He sells the
cow’s meat & milk to the market.
Diet / Function / Sources
- to build haemoglobin (in red blood cells) to prevent
• Milk contains calcium, phosphorus & vitamin D
-needed to form strong bones & teeth for the baby
• Folic acid in vegetables & iron
– formation of red blood cells
• Dietary fibre- vegetables & whole grains
Ways to reduce the risk of
the health problem/ disease
9• Contracting cardiovascular diseases
10• High Blood pressure
11• Diabetes Mellitus
cardiovascular High Blood Diabetes Osteoporosis
diseases pressure Mellitus
risk of the
Contracting cardiovascular High Blood
A collection of disease and conditions affecting
the heart & blood vessels.
• Coronary artery disease
Reduce cholesterol intake
Take diets low in saturated fats
Reduce high energy food intake