Bit powerpoint

157 views

Published on

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
157
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
21
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Bit powerpoint

  1. 1. BAFS - Personal Finance Risk and Return
  2. 2. Learning Objectives <ul><li>Return </li></ul><ul><li>Risk </li></ul>
  3. 3. Rundown <ul><li>Game </li></ul><ul><li>Worksheet </li></ul>
  4. 4. Game: Roulette <ul><li>0-32-15-19-4-21-2-25-17-34-6-27-13-36-11-30-8-23-10-5-24-16-33-1-20-14-31-9-22-18-29-7-28-12-35-3-26 </li></ul><ul><li>Total Number: 37 , from 0 to 36 </li></ul><ul><li>http://wizardofodds.com/play/roulette/ </li></ul>
  5. 5. Game Set Up <ul><li>http://wizardofodds.com/play/roulette/ </li></ul><ul><li>Free Adobe flash game for roulette simulation by Shock Arcade </li></ul><ul><li>Each student have $3 token to start with </li></ul>
  6. 6. Game Rules <ul><li>If the ball falls into any number between 1 and 12, student win a 3x100ml Yakult LT or 益力多低糖高纖 (priced at $9 ) </li></ul><ul><li>If other numbers*, no prize and $3 will be lost (*If the ball fall into 0, re-wheel the spin) </li></ul>
  7. 7. Options
  8. 8. More about Roulette <ul><li>Return </li></ul><ul><li>Cost of investment / initial investment: $3 </li></ul><ul><li>Maximum Loss: - $3 </li></ul><ul><li>  </li></ul><ul><li>Winning Payoff : $6 </li></ul>
  9. 9. More about Roulette <ul><li>Risk </li></ul><ul><li>Probability of winning bet(s): 33% </li></ul><ul><li>Probability of loss: 67% </li></ul>
  10. 10. Your Preference <ul><li>How is your own preference? </li></ul><ul><li>Play the game or Do not enter the roulette game? ____________________________ </li></ul>
  11. 11. Your Choice <ul><li>Save $3? </li></ul><ul><li>Buy Yakult directly? </li></ul><ul><li>Play the game? </li></ul>
  12. 12. Try Your Luck
  13. 13. Congratulations <ul><li>Winners take the prizes </li></ul>
  14. 14. Worksheet – Risk and Return <ul><li>No one can predict the future </li></ul><ul><li>As uncertainties existed, there are risks </li></ul><ul><li>Risk and return is important in financial management </li></ul>
  15. 15. Worksheet – Risk and Return <ul><li>Return </li></ul><ul><li>= Final Value – Initial Value </li></ul><ul><li>Return doesn’t necessarily means making a profit </li></ul>
  16. 16. Worksheet – Risk and Return <ul><li>Risk </li></ul><ul><li>Potential that an action will lead to a loss </li></ul><ul><li>Can interpreted as the probability of loss </li></ul>

×