1. Better understand the people who matter most.2. Start conversations with potential new supporters.3. Answer questions and provide suggestions.4. Correct misconceptions.5. Feed your biggest fans.
6. Increase your own professional knowledge.7. Keep tabs on your critics.8. Spot programmatic trends earlier.9. Respond rapidly to flare-ups.10. Be relevant and timely.
Audiovisual content (content is the king!) Set Your Theme (What is yours?) Be Regular Always Offer ActionVideo Blogging: Youtube Wordpress.com Vimeo Universalsubtitles.org Vimeo Video School Creative Commons
People build their identities online,help them and be part of it
Own content Others content Not audience, but community Topic first, brand in background Become Media Outlet Microblogging and Social NetworkingNewsletters Mailchimp Facebook LinkedInOSOCIO.ORG Twitter (tweetdeck.com, hootsuite.com) Google +
Turn articles to:How-to …List of / 10 things you need to …Review of …Summary of debateBe attractiveBe useful
Sharing on Facebook – Edgerankhttp://www.simplyzesty.com/facebook/facebook-brand-posts-only-reach-16-of-your-fans-infogra
Not cool to share … Personal OrganizationalBegging for attention Creating profile for your(“Is this really happening?”) organization/companyBegging for Compliments Continuous self-promotion(“OMG, I feel I am so fat!”)Feeling like everyone cares Spamming(“Just ate lunch, going to nap”)“Leaving house for 2 weeks” Posting at wrong times
Facebook connects you with people you went to school withTwitter connects you with people you wish to go to school with
Revolution in media communication in 140 characters
2. Analyse and AssessFind the less experienced organization in yourgroupAnalyse what they are doing wellIdentify what could be improvedWhat they need the most?
3. Set the theme/topicWhat is their "thing"?What are their keywords?
4. Identify main objectiveRaise awareness about topic?Raise awareness about NGO?Engage supporters?Recruit volunteers?... ?
5. Identify target groupsWho is their primary target groupand why?Who can help them to reach theirgoals?Are there any power users? Whoare they?
6. Message and ActionClearly tell the target audiencewhat you want to tell them andwhat they can do to help
7. Strategy and toolsWhat should they do to reach the audience?What content they have? How to make itattractive? (audiovisual content, how-to…, 10things to…,…)Find attractive content they could shareHelp to create blog, FB page, Twitter andPinterest account
8. Impact and IndicatorsHow will you measure that thecommunication was successful?
9. Share tasks, choose notekeeper and Presenter 16:15 See you here