I was asked to speak at the first seminar in a series organised by the AHRC-Funded Branded Content Research Network. Academics and marketing communications professionals reviewed the state of existing research on branded content across media and marketing disciplines, and discussed research needs and questions for industry and stakeholders, as well as consider the scope and definitions of branded content practices.
The seminar include contributions from members of the network and from invited academic researchers and practitioners that also included:
- Andrew Canter, CEO of the Branded Content Marketing Association
- Prof Jonathan Hardy, University of East London
- Prof Chris Hackley, Royal Holloway
- Dr Andrew McStay, Bangor University
- Vince Medeiros, TCOLondon