1. Save Bandwidth & Money
2. User could have the file already cached
3. CORS, gzip, minification is handled automatically
4. Decreased Latency
5. Increased parallelism (Domain Sharding)
1. JS could contain Malware
2. Public CDNs can go Offline
3. ISPs can block Public CDNs
4. Won’t work if you’re Developing Offline.
5. Files may not be optimized for your site/app
6. No pre-caching guarantees
Tips & Tricks
● Fall back to a Local Copy
What is Bootstrap?
A front-end framework for developing
responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
• OSS Project started at Twitter in 2011
• Created by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton
• #1 Repository on GitHub (67,000 Stars)
• Works the same on all Modern Browsers
What is BootstrapCDN?
An FOSS CDN for Bootstrap, FontAwesome &
• July 5th 2012 Launched
• August 8th 2012 @TwitterOSS Endorsement
• May 3rd 2013 Added to official docs
July 5th 2012 - April 28th 2014