Final presentation- marketing strategy-The Body Shop
Digital Marketing- The Body Shop
Jun Kyung Kim
Promoting Seasonal Items
New Seasonal Fragrances- Cranberry, Vanilla, Ginger
Interested in body care
Like ginger, cranberry or vanilla smell
• Create new Twitter account for
The Body Shop’s winter season items.
• Interactive connection with followers
• Interesting, witted mentions
• Key performance indicator:
the number of followers.
• Use blog effectively to promote The Body Shop’s seasonal items.
• Posting promotions of the new products.
• Sharing how I personally feel about the products.
• Other strategies
Utilizing Blog - SEO
• Using appropriate keywords in the blog posts.
• Using “Wordtracker” to finds keywords
• Using both popular keywords & Low competition
• Google Analytics-to find out who visit the blog,
which pages catch visitor’s attention longest, and
what pages people leave the blog.
Utilizing Blog – Other blogs
• Giving out samples of the seasonal items to famous
• Asking them to write reviews about the new seasonal
items on their blogs-directly connected to The Body
Shop’s blog. It will be helpful to get more visitors.
• Giving out coupons or promotions to people who
write reviews on The Body Shop’s blog.
• Important keywords in the advertisement
• Targeted Audience- people who live in U.S., want to
find gift ideas, interested in body care & good
• Add plural keywords & misspelled words
• Consider negative keywords
Limited Budget: $250 per day
Maximum cost-per-click: $2.09
Clicks per day would be: 171.08
Impressions per day: 7245
Total cost per day: $248.05
• Facebook: 1.19 billion monthly active users
• Effective PR without costs
• Create a Facebook page about the seasonal items
• Give promotions on the Facebook page
• Communicate with customers constantly
• Prepare negative comments to give positive image of The Body Shop
• Emphasize The Body Shop is against animal testing, supports community
fair trade, & protect the planet using recycled containers.
• The primary access point to SNS is mobile
• Mobile users share contents twice as often
• Update information about beauty products through
The Body Shop’s mobile app
• Use Instagram mobile apps
• Focusing on sharing images outside of what we sell
• Pictures related to companies’ culture
& helpful to connect with customers