TOOLS OF THE TRADE
Name of FS Student _Deliman, Jundel L.__________________________________________
Course _Bachelor of Secondary Education________________________ Year & Section _II__
Resource Teacher _Mary Juliet Doño __________ Signature ___________ Date _03-07-16__
Cooperating School _JH Cerilles State College______________________________________
My Performance (How I Will Be Rated)
Field Study 3 Episode 4 - Tools of the Trade
Focused on: Preparing instructional materials that are appropriate to the learning content
Observation/Documentation 4 3 2 1
My Analysis 4 3 2 1
My Reflection 4 3 2 1
My Portfolio 4 3 2 1
Submission 4 3 2 1
Rating: (Based on
Signature of FS Teacher
above Printed Name
Transmutation of score to grade/rating
Score Grade Score Grade
20 - 1.0 - 99 12-13 - 2.50 - 81
18-19 - 1.25 - 96 11 - 2.75 - 78
17 - 1.5 - 93 10 - 3.00 - 75
16 - 1.75 - 90 8-9 - 3.5 - 72 and
15 - 2.00 - 87 7-below - 5.00 - below
14 - 2.25 - 84
An Observation/ Survey Guide
1. Are there learning resources useful for your topic in the resource center you visited?
2. Are the available materials appropriate for your target grade/year level?
3. List down those that can be useful for your topic.
4. What other materials can you make? (Like flash cards, posters, cut-outs,
Name of the School Observed: JH Cerilles State College Dumingag Campus
Location of the School: Caridad, Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur
Date of Visit: March 07, 2016
1. Yes, there are many useful resources in the library which is needed in my topic.
2. Yes, they are appropriate to my target learners which is the Grade 9 class.
3. These materials are Math books where information are laid and also a computer with
internet connection where they can browse for related facts about the topic.
4. Aside from those materials, I need to make cartolina strips and cut-outs, illustrations
on a Manila Paper and different other materials relevant to the activity that I will
Give at least three benefits of doing a survey of available materials before making your own
materials? Explain each.
1. Save time, money and effort. If you already know what things are needed to make, you
will no longer waste your time money and effort for it to be done. Having survey will
surely give you information about the things needed to be prepared. Thus, you will be
able to allocate budget and save your time, money and effort.
2. Gives us a sense of preparedness. If you already know that the materials needed are
already available, then there will be no problem. However, if you know that there are
many materials needed to be prepared then you will prepare yourself to allocate time
for the making of these materials. You will also prepare money for it. You will also
prepare yourself in different unexpected circumstances that may come in preparing
3. Give us guide. Knowing the things and needed to be done is a guide for every teacher
or individual. It is a crucial thing that a teacher should have. Having it, a teacher will
be guided on the things to be done.
1. Which of the materials did you like making the most? Why?
Among the materials, making visual aids (information on a Manila Paper) is
what I like making the most. Since high school, I’m taught on how to do it. That is why
today, it’s no longer a problem to me. I enjoy summarizing facts and putting it on a
Manila Paper with pictures and illustrations.
2. What difficulties, if any, did you encounter in making materials? How did you
There are many difficulties I encountered in making the materials especially
when I make activity sheets. It is because I need to plan what are the things that would
surely excites the learners. I want that they will not feel bored on my activity. I want
then to learn. Therefore, I need to think and plan every step I make. I had to anticipate
different unexpected things. This made it difficult to do.
3. What tips can you give teachers regarding preparation of materials?
In preparation of teaching materials, teachers should consider first his/her
topic. There are many learning materials that may or may not be suitable to it. Another
is the interests of students. Use materials that ignites their interests. Surely, they will
learn more in your teaching. And also, consider the rules of the school. Direct
experiences may be helpful but if it is prohibited then don’t use it. Example, you are
teaching drugs and drug addiction. Then, don’t let your students use cigarettes and
other drugs just to know its effects. We can say it’s direct experience yet prohibited by
Learning Resources on a Specific Content Area
Use this graphic organizer to present the learning resources relevant to the topic
chosen. On the line inside the box, indicate if the resource is already AVAILABLE, MAY
BE PURCHASED, OR WILL BE MADE (by you, of course!)
TOPIC: Direct Variation Grade Level: 9
Chalk and Board
WILL BE MADE
WILL BE MADE
WILL BE MADE
WILL BE MADE
Fact Sheets and