How many words can you make?
Who has the highest scoring word?
• Replace missing letters
• Show possession
• Used in plurals of abbreviations,
letters and numbers
REMEMBER: Do not add an apostrophe
Just because it ends in ‘S’
1. It's/Its not worth it for just two minutes' pleasure.
2. Life is something that happens when you ca'nt /can't get
3. The boy mowed an old ladys' / lady's lawn.
4. The tests/tests' were very difficult.
5. Thats/That's not going to happen.
6. I have two dress's /dresses to choose from.
7. The cat purred when the boy scratched it's/its neck.
8. It's/Its about time it was sunny in England.
9. The womans'/woman's smile was infectious.
10. It is you're/your turn to wash the dishes.
11. I am feeding Fergus'/Fergu's cat because he is on
12. We're/Were going to a surprise party.
13. The mens'/men's badminton club is doing well this
14. My daughter hasn't/has'nt taken her driving test yet.
15. Anna can't/c'ant expect to be invited.
16. The yacht was making it's/its maiden voyage.
17. You're/Your as daft as a brush.
18.Your PC can not/cannot handle these pictures.
19. Take them, David. They're ours/our's.
20. As a minister, she should of/have known better.
The hose is a slippery snake that slithers across the lawn The car was the colour of blood
Caitlin’s smile was as wide as the sea The little boy stood as straight as a soldier
He was a tiger in the board meeting It was as blue as the sky
The bed was as soft as a cotton ball The fence was a row of soldiers standing to attention around the
The wave is a dog rushing to the beach for its bone It was as cold as a freezer on the mountain top