Fundraising Event for
Thursday, July 18, 2013
BelleAcres , Charlotte, NC
POTTER & COMPANY
About the Foundation...
The SEAL Legacy Foundation is dedicated to supporting fallen and wounded
United States Navy SEALs, their families and other members from the SEAL
community.As operational deployments across the world continue to
increase, the SEALs and their families need support now more than ever.
These special operators, their spouses and their children all make daily
sacrifices to defend our nation.The SEAL Legacy Foundation works to
preserve the SEAL Legacy of NO ONE LEFT BEHIND. The Foundation focuses
support on Education, Funeral, Health &Wellness, Living and Quality of Life
expenses for the SEALs and their families.
How this all came about:
• The Glover family and the McGinnis family have been long time family friends.
They have many friends in common and the whole town of Monroe seems to
know each other.
• Our own Debbie Ashcraft taught Mark McGinnis in Preschool!!!
• Johnnie does the sales tax work for Fluid Flow and the McGinnis family has been
clients of the firm… for a very long time.
• Mark, child number 4 and son number 1, went off to the Naval Academy to play
football.The Glovers went to many Navy football games to watch their local boy
• Graduation time and the Glovers traveled to the Academy to see Mark finish his time in
• Mark entered the Marine Corps as an officer following graduation and 2 years later became
1 of only 4 Marines to receive an intermilitary transfer from Marine the the SEAL program.
• Mark successfully completed his training, and went on to lead more than 400 SEAL
operations with a 100% mission success rate and zero casualties. He has completed
numerous deployments and operations throughout the World.
• In 2002 Mark retired from the Navy
but was called back from 2004-2006
and now serves in the reserves.
• On December 5th , 2011, Mark few of
his SEAL brothers established the
SEAL Legacy Foundation to help the
families of fallen and injured SEALS.
• As of today 74 SEALS have fallen
• Earlier this year Bucky asked if we
could do our own small, local event
and help to raise money for the
foundation as well as ‘raise friends’ .
• Grassroots support and awareness is
AS important as financial support!
• And so the first annual SEAL Legacy
Foundation fundraising event was
born here in Charlotte!
The first annual!
BelleAcres wasTHE perfect venue
for a casual yet awesome time!!
75 family and friends came out to
support the Navy SEALS!!!
We were also joined by 2 special guests (active SEALS
in uniform) but they were not REALLY there and
we could NOT take pictures so here is
COMMANDER McGinnis instead.
• Great Food
• A few drinks
• Great fellowship
• A moving and GREAT presentation
• Questions and Answers