Feather and cloth dusters
•Used to remove dust
from window sills and
•Used to wipe
mirrors and glass.
for Cleaning the Parts
of the House
Sweeping the floor
• Start sweeping from the end of the room.
• Keep the broom close to the floor so that the dirt
and dust pan to pick up the dirt.
• Use a dust pan to pick up the dirt.
• Sweep a second time to make sure that all the dirt,
dust, and litter are properly swept.
Washing the dishes
• Remove all particles of food left on the plates and
• Classify and stack the dishes, glasses, spoons, forks,
and other kitchen utensils
• Soak greasy pans with hot soapy water.
• Wash first the glasses, cups, and saucers, then the
plates and other serving spoons.
• Wash the knives separately to avoid accident.
Why do we have to clean
• A clean house provides comfort and people will feel
at ease. You will enjoy your meals more if the
house is orderly
• A clean house is a safe house. Things should be in
order. Toys should not be left on the floor and
• Furniture last longer if they are regularly cleaned so
you save money for repair and replacement.
• A clean house has an effect on the family member.
Coming home to a clean house makes you feel
good. You feel happy
• Usually, people judge you by the looks of your
place. A clean house gives a good impression.
Long Quiz on HELE IV
(Jan. 8, 2015)
•My family – Its Meaning and
•Responsibilities of Family Members,
•The House and Its Surroundings, 97-98
•Cleaning Tools and Materials for the
House and the Yard, 100-104
•Practical techniques for Cleaning the
Parts of the House, 106-109