Mountains and innovation have been synonymous with Julbo
since the company was founded 125 years ago.
Offering high-performance, technical sunglasses for mountain
lovers, Julbo has naturally incorporated all its expertise into its
goggles to create the best-performing products possible.
Good vision is essential when sports combine speed with
variable light levels, and Julbo offers a range of technologies
specially adapted to practising winter sports.
A product that adapts to changing conditions in the mountains
• Weather conditions in the mountains change very quickly.
• Light conditions in the mountains change significantly over the
day (particularly in the first months of the year).
• A slope will have very different light levels depending on its
• Light conditions change over the season (winter skiing / spring
Why use a photochromic lens rather than an interchangeable lens?
• Reactivity: conditions change quickly, but changing a lens takes
time and you can't change your lens for each descent
• Practicality: you always need to have your second lens with you
and take off gear to change it.
• Simplicity: changing a lens isn't simple, even with the most
• Adaptability: there is no single lens for every
Photochromic technology: One lens is all I need
70% of the information we process to guide our
movements is visual. Ski goggles are therefore a
tool that can really enhance performance.
To allow every individual to ski comfortably
in all situations, Julbo has developed the
best photochromic technology on the market,
guaranteeing high performance whatever the
conditions. When you’re looking for the very best
in vision, light-sensitive technology is a must.
And when you want the best in light-sensitive
technology, there’s only one name: Julbo.
Photochromic technology: Julbo solutions
Julbo photochromic technology means:
• The widest range of protection to deal with any situation
• The greatest protection for extreme conditions
• The lightest lens for coping with bad weather
• The greatest reactivity for adapting to changes in light
• Excellent optical quality
• A lifetime coating guarantee, thanks to the materials
Julbo uses high-tech NXT lenses.
NXT is made from Trivex, the most effective material on the optics
market, combining the advantages of mineral and organic
materials, in other words:
- an optical quality close to that of mineral glass
- crystal clear images
- high resistance
- extreme lightness
NXT is produced by casting at moderate temperature rather than by
injection molding, giving superior mechanical and optical properties
over other materials.
Use of NXT allows:
• Self-colored photochromic treatment which offers
• A fast photochromic response to a wide variety of
• Excellent durability and coatings with a lifetime
• Application of an external oil-repellent coating
prevents finger marks and facilitates the dispersal of
water droplets and snowflakes
• Application of an internal anti-fog coating.
It provides the most effective protection and best comfort in
the sun by operating on the principle of Venetian blinds
=> light only enters the eye along 1 axis.
It protects from glare by cutting out rays of light reflecting
off a flat / horizontal surface (water, snow, windscreen, etc.)
It intensifies colors and improves contrast and relief.
Available on lenses: Cameleon and Polarized 3
generated by the
Only rays of light
enter the eye
Reflective areaLight sent in all directions
Using our expertise validated by experience in the fi eld, we have
developed a range of technical lenses superbly adapted to the
needs of each type of user, regardless of the conditions
encountered. With photochromic technology, polarization and
tints, these lenses have demonstrated their excellence both on the
slopes and in the lab.
With Zebra, Zebra Light, Cameleon and the new Snow Tiger,
everyone can benefi t from the very best technology and the
greatest comfort when practising their sport.
NXT lenses: 4 advanced technologies
Zebra: from shade to
• Photochromic category 2 to 4
• Activation speed: changes from
category 2 to 4 in 22 seconds
• Gold tint: excellent light
receptivity and protection
Zebra Light: all
weathers, all conditions
• Photochromic category 1 to 3
• Wide range of use
• Yellow tint: increased light
Cameleon: from one
extreme to the other
• Photochromic category 2 to 4
• Polarized: eliminates glare for
better reading of relief
• Brown tint: protection and
Snow Tiger: excellent
• Photochromic category 2 to 3
• Glare Control filter
• Orange tint: improved contrast
• Fire multilayer coating
Polycarbonate lenses are created by injecting high-temperature
plastic into a mold. A rapid process (molding time of just a few
seconds) which produces impact-resistant lenses of good optical
Currently the most widely used technology on the market.
The other Julbo lenses: Polycarbonate lenses
Material Name Anti-fog Protection
Polarized 3 yes Cat. 3 yes
Spectron 3 yes Cat. 3 -
Spectron 2 yes Cat. 2 -
Spectron 4 yes Cat. 4 -
Spectron 0, 1 yes Cat. 0, 1 -
Original material used for ski goggle lenses, acetate lenses are
made up of overlaid, compressed sheets of acetate to produce
the thickness required (lamination process). The sheet acetate
obtained is flexible and easy to cut and shape. Optical quality is
The other Julbo lenses: Acetate lenses
Materials Name Anti-fog Protection category Photochromic
Chromakids yes Cat. 2-3 yes
Cat. 3 yes Cat 3 -
Cat. 2 yes Cat 2 -
Cat. 1 yes Cat 1 -
Cat. 0 yes Cat 0 -
39400 Longchaumois - France
Tel.: + 33 (0)220.127.116.11.14
Join us on social networks