2. The hemlet
3. Julbo technologies
When skiing, good vision allows you to anticipate many dangerous
situations. However, it's not always possible to avoid them and then it's
essential to be fully protected.
In 2005, at the request of its athletes, Julbo developed its own range of
Delighted by the brand's goggles, they wanted a helmet that would both
meet their requirements and was perfectly adapted to their sport.
Julbo has worked consistently to offer helmets that perform even better,
have an improved finish and offer more protection.
Julbo has developed high-performance and innovative technologies
to meet their expectations.
Source: Annual report of the Association des médecins de montagne (Mountain Doctors Association)
2. The helmet // Why bother with a ski helmet?
• In 2013, in France, 150,000 people were treated in hospital following a
• 2.8% of accidents result in head injuries.
• Injuries to the torso and head account for 18.8% of skiing accidents.
• A third of head injuries are the result of collisions.
*Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission (USA)
2 // Some helmet figures
• 44% of French adults wear a helmet when practising winter sports
compared with more than 80% in Switzerland or Germany…
• … while wearing a helmet reduces the risk of impact-related head injuries
• 11 deaths(*) per year on average could be avoided by wearing a helmet.
• Average helmet wearing rates: Switzerland: 87% / Austria: 80% (estimate)
- mandatoryfor under 15's -Canada:71% (95% among under 12's)
3. Julbo technologies
In order to meet the needs of users and provide them with the best
combination of style, comfort and protection, Julbo has developed
technologies to reduce weight and volume, improve field of vision and
3 // Hybrid II technologie
This technology has been developed with the aim of reducing helmet
weight while guaranteeing total protection and comfort.
3 // Connect technology
This technology was developed as a result of a simple observation:
Using a mobile phone with a helmet is no easy matter.
Julbo has therefore developed optimized on-board technology for its
Symbios helmet so that wearers can make phone calls and listen to
Significant ergonomic changes were made so that it can be used
wearing gloves and mittens.
A Bluetooth connection was chosen as it consumes little energy. The
technology gives you a super-easy way of listening to your favourite
track or answering your calls.
3 // Injected ABS technology
• Technology inspired by the construction of motorbike helmets
• A rigid injected ABS shell is lined with EPS foam to absorb and diffuse
durability of appearance,
simplicity of production,
3 // In-mold technology
• Technology inspired by the construction of cycling helmets
• An EPS shell which absorbs and diffuses impact, covered with a PC
layer to protect from minor impacts and scratching.
Helmet is more
• A lightweight and stylish helmet
combining top photochromic
technology with in-mold construction.
• The Zebra visor allows optimum
vision in all conditions.
3 // Helmet with visor
Integration of a visor was designed for people who don't like wearing
This visor is less oppressive than goggles while offering excellent
protection from the sun's rays thanks to good coverage of the face.
The technology has also been designed for wearers of prescription
glasses. The flip-up system gives them direct access to their frames and
good venting prevents any fogging of optical lenses.
Great care has been taken with the visual appearance of the visor,
resulting in a fluid design and good integration on the helmet.
Join us on social networks