2. The qualities that makes her the best.
3. Her experience.
4. Support System.
5. Her mantra for success.
6. Traits made her to lead pepsico.
7. About Pepsico.
8. Indra Nooyi and Pepsico.
9. Management principles contributed to her success.
10. If you want to be next Indra Nooyi then…….
11. Skills approach
12. Path – goal theory.
13. Award and Honour.
Chairman & CEO – PepsiCo The Fourth Most Powerful Women in the World
Born :: 28 October 1955 (age 57)Madras
Citizenship :: United States
Education :: Madras Christian College
Yale School of Management
Occupation :: Chairman & CEO of Pepsico
Employer :: Pepsico
Predecessor :: Steven Reinemund
Religion :: Hinduism
Awards :: Padma Bhushan 2007
THE QUALITIES THAT MAKES HER THE BEST
1. Inspiring and influencing personality.
2. Indian women leading the global corporate arena.
3. Good leader.
4. Turns plans into reality.
1. Boston consulting group (BCG).
2. Asian Brown Boveri.
4. Jhonson & Johnson.
5. Served on the board of directors of several organizations, including
Motorola, The Federal Reserve Bank Of New York, The International Rescue
Committee, The Lincon Center For The Performing arts.
HER MANTRA FOR SUCCESS….
1. No limits to what you can do.
2. Never stop learning.
3. keep an open mind.
4. Central pillar for success – family , friend , faith.
5.Aim high and put your heart into it.
TRAITS MADE HER TO LEAD PEPSICO………
1. Self – confidence.
2. Initiative and innovative.
3. Vision and foresight.
5. Emotional intelligence.
6. Effective communication.
7. Situational style of leadership.
1. It was established in 1898.
2. PepsiCo Inc. is an American multinational food and beverage corporation
headquartered in Purchase, New York, United States, with interests in the
manufacturing, marketing and distribution of grain-based snack
foods, beverages, and other products.
3. Created and developed in 1893 and introduced as Brad's Drink, it was
renamed as Pepsi-Cola on August 28, 1898, then to Pepsi in 1961.
4. PepsiCo Inc. is founded by Donald M. Kendall, President and Chief
Executive Officer of Pepsi-Cola and Herman W. Lay, Chairman and Chief
Executive Officer of Frito-Lay, through the merger of the two companies.
5. The world’s largest convenient food and beverage companies, with 2008
annual revenues of more than $43 billion.
6. The company’s products are sold in approximately 200 countries, and it
employs more than 198,000 people worldwide.
7. Its principal businesses include Frito-Lay snacks, Pepsi-Cola
beverages, sports drinks, Tropicana juices and Quaker foods.
8. In total, the PepsiCo portfolio includes 18 brands that generate $1 billion or
more each in annual retail sales.
INDRA NOOYI AND PEPSICO……
1. 5th CEO in Pepsico’s 41 year history.
2. Lead in the acquisition of Tropicana in 1998, and merger with
Quaker Oats Company.
3. Since she become CFO , the co.’s annual revenue have risen
72 % . While net profit more than doubled, to $ 5.6 billion in
MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES CONTRIBUTED TO
HER SUCCESS ::
1. Authority and responsibility.
3. Stability of tenure.
5. Team Spirit.
6. Subordination of individual interest to general interest.
IF YOU WANT TO BE NEXT INDRA NOOYI
1. Be confident.
2. Take bold risk in life (higher the risk, higher the profit).
3. Develop effective communication skills.
4. Be enthusiastic and full of life.
5. Accept all responsibilities.
6. Thirst for knowledge.
7. Thirst for success.
1. Performance with a purpose.
2. Strategic planning.
3. Five C’S.
AWARDS & HONOUR ::
1. Honorary Doctor Of Laws from Wake Forest University & University Of Warwick
2. Honorary Doctorate Of Law from Miami University in 2011.
3. Honorary Doctorate of Human Letters from Pennsylvania State University in 2010.
4. Honorary Degree from Duke University in 2009.
5. Barnard Medal of Honor from Barnard College in 2009.
6. Honorary Degree from New York University in 2009.
7. Padma Bhushan from President Of India in 2007.
8. Honorary Doctor of Laws from Babson College in 2004.
LEADERSHIP DEFINED BY INDRA NOOYI…….
Indra Nooyi: “ Leadership is hard to define and good leadership
even harder. But if you can get people to follow you to the ends
of the earth, you are a great leader. As a leader, I am tough on
myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am
very caring because I want people to excel at what they are
doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future “.
Presented By ::
J Raghunath Reddy