Objectives of the presentationObjectives of the presentation
• To know mechanism of frustration.
• To know how frustration can be good.
• To know how frustration can be employed.
• Frustration! It is a word which is commonly
associated with helplessness coupled with rage.
• The usual notion attached to this word is out
rightly negative and nobody would like to
undergo this phenomenon.
What is frustration?What is frustration?
• Frustration quite a common sentiment.
• The plight of a person going through the
agony of frustration is wretched.
• Most of the suicidal cases are eventual
consequence of this noxious emotion.
What does it do?
What does it do?
• But during the past few years researchers
have observed that this sentiment finds
place in our lives quite often than not.
• In urban lifestyle it is a regular feature and
people have learned to live with this feeling.
• And yes, the consequences of frustration
have been extremely detrimental.
So... is there a way out?So... is there a way out?
• Yes, a big YES.
• Any human emotion generates a certain
amount of energy.
• For instance, if we feel happy we are naturally
• During this feeling we can carry out all those
things which we don’t even like doing, but if we
are happy, petty things don’t matter. We will do it
by the virtue of happiness.
• But mind you, these trivial and petty things don’t
remain petty, if we are not in a good state of
But how?But how?
• If we feel gloomy, we are sapped and
energy level goes down.
• If we are angry, we can smack a
mightier person than us, because of this
• So energy is the key which drives us to do
something or not do it.
• And the most fortunate thing about
frustration is that it generates enormous
amount of energy.
• The sheer feeling of helplessness
coupled with a great degree of frenzy is
the source of that energy.
• This energy, if properly channelised
into deeds, can achieve you those
results which you can only think of.
• So you must be thinking that one should
use that energy while being frustrated and
streamline ones effort.
• But pragmatically speaking …is it really
possible? If yes then...How? A million
Let’s try to answer this question!
To find a solution to this we need to
• The first and foremost thing is to accept
the fact there is a concern.
• You can’t do much about it. And the issue
is taking a heavy toll on your life.
• Even then you are not able to do much
• But it seems unreal!
• You have a problem which is affecting
your life and you can not do much about
• There comes the next step.
• There are few thing in our life for which we can’t
hold anybody else responsible other than us. It
is only me who can change some things. Some
people realise this while some don’t.
• At the same time there are many things which
are beyond our control. I mean there are many
unruly issues in life which you have to take in
• We got to prudently assess that what is
that share of issues which are under our
control and which are not.
• A word of caution here! If we falter at
this stage it will mean that we have let
things go from our hands.
• If you have meticulously decided that
there are few things you cannot be in
charge of, there is no meaning on mulling
over them to take a charge of those
issues. So forget it!
Step –IVStep –IV
Go for it! (G)
• Since you have already chalked out that
many things are in your control, go for it
• Complete the tasks and employ all your
pent up emotions in accomplishing those
AEIG ruleAEIG rule
• This was the AEIG rule which comes very
handy in our day to day functioning.
• After putting in your best shot, more often than
not you will see that you are out of the frustration
• So now you see how frustration can be milked?
So whenever you are frustrated next time, don’t
be distressed. You never know….it might help