• As the name suggests, tree frogs spent almost
all their adult life in trees.
• Because they have to be supported by the
branches and twigs of trees, they are usually
• The biggest tree frogs grow up to 10cm long.
Tree frogs live longer than normal frogs,
up to 16 years.
Like normal frogs, they also start off as
• There are lots of different types of tree frogs.
To see more about the red-eyed tree frog,
• Lots of tree frogs are nocturnal, which means
they are asleep in the day and awake at night.
• Click here to hear what a tree frog sounds like:
• Many tree frogs can change their colour for
better camouflage. This protects them from
predators and means they can catch insects to
eat more easily.
• For instance, the grey tree frog can change its
colour from green to grey to yellow.
• As tadpoles, most of them start off their lives
as herbivores, only eating plants.
• Adult tree frogs are insectivores that eat flies,
ants, crickets, beetles, moths, and other small