Contents• Introduction • Extinction of animals• Global Warming • Protect environment• Ozone layer depletion • Water and Forests• Extinction of birds • Conservation of environment
INTRODUCTION There was a time when people thought of the environment, they thought of its beauty; but now as the natural beauty of the earth that disappears, many people around the world have awoken to the realities of just how fragile our earth actually is. Central to this issue is pollution, which involves the introduction of harmful substances into the air, land, and water. Although pollution has been occurring throughout the earth’s history, the rate by which the human species have contributed to the amount of pollution that has entered our environment over the past several hundred years far exceeds the earth’s inherent ability to heal itself.
Along with pollution, the mass deforestation of the world’s old growth forests has also posed a growing problem to the health of our environment. The clearance of forests without sufficient reforestation has gradually wore down nature’s natural defense against air pollution, desertification, and soil nutrient loss to the point that we are now facing a future world without trees, which would ultimately mean a world without people.
• The global issue of the Environment encompasses many diverse matters of interest some of which will be discussed throughout this environment presentation, which include: global warming, ozone depletion, Extinction of plant and animal species. But it is also important to take measures to avoid the danger of mass devastation which will also be discussed in this ppt.
OZONE LAYER DEPLETIONWhy the hole in the atmospheric ozone layer above us?What has been done about this?Why should I worry ourselves about the Ozone Layer Depletion?
Good life at the beach threatened? Mr. OZONE: Will I be able to continueenjoying this life without problems?
Effects of UV rays on Terrestrial Ecosystems Damage to Reductions in Causesplant cell DNA photosynthetic mutations in capacity in the mammalian cells molecules - plant - results in and destroys makes plants membranes slower growth andmore susceptible smaller leaves to pathogens and pests
Harmful effects of UV rays on people Skin Premature aging (photoaging) of the skin Cataracts and eye (different from normal) cancer chronological aging disorders (corneal sunburn and blindness) Immune system damage
DEFORESTATION HAS LED TO A DRASTIC INCREASE IN CO2 LEVELS.
WATER IS THE MOST PRECIOUS COMMODITY ON THE EARTH.IT HAS MADE HUMAN LIFE POSSIBLE ON THE EARTH.IT IS USED FOR VARIOUS PURPOSES ACROS THE GLOBE.HUMANLIFE,FLORA AND FAUNA ALLCHERISH UNDER ITS EFFECT.
Nowadays especially in our countrypeople have no value of water or the are not aware of the importance of water . People are throwing garbage in rivers, lakes etc .They are using water veryirresponsibly they don’t care about their future. This of course makes the river dirty.
FORESTS ARE LARGE GROUPS OF TREES .IN WHICH HABITANTS ARE LARGEVARIETY OF ANIMALS RANGINGFROM SMALL RATS TO MASSIVE BODIED ELEPHANT .FORESTS PROVIDE US WITH TIMBER,MEDICINES ETC. HENCE THEY ARE VERY ESSENTIAL TO US.
But now a days people are cutting thesebeautiful forests for their greed of land. This leads to deforestation.Deforestation not only reduces the greencover but also reduces the concentration of oxygen in the air .With out foreststhe earth would become an easy prey for global warming which could kill all of us.
• The Scarlet Macaw is found in the treetops from Mexico to southern Brazil. It is about 90 centimetres in length and is bright red with blue and yellow wings, blue and red tail which is a unique feature in the family and a white face with big, sickle-shaped beaks. Its feet are able to grasp the limbs of a tree very firmly. When a Macaw is fully developed, the tail is more than two feet long.• WHY ARE MACAWS ENDANGERED ?• BECAUSE THE FEMALE WILL NOT LAY ANOTHER GROUPS OF EGG UNTIL THE FIRST GROUP IS INDEPENDENT .THIS MEANS THAT THE POPULATION DOES NOT GROW QUICKLY.• THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM BECAUSE THESE ARE OFTEN KILLED OR CAPTURED BY HUMANS AS PETS .
• KOALAEastern Australia. It is a Koalas are found in the coastal regions of marsupial mammal. It is endangered because-
GIANT PANDA (ASIA) Pandas are dying out mainly because of one main reason: habitat loss. Their main source of food is bamboo, which takes a long time to grow. Hence, when a forest of bamboo was being consumed by them they could simply move to another bamboo forest, but as the forests have been cut down the Pandas are experiencing shortage of food. Wild pandas have been reported to die because of starvation simply because they cannot reach the next bamboo forest quickly enough, or at all. Habitat fragmentation affects their feeding, and mating as well, anytime the Panda has to leave their territory, they are at risk
ABOUT• The White rhinoceros is one of the largest Northern subspecies ever to be described by scientists. This subspecies was classified in 1908. Today, it is very close to extinction in the wild, and few have ever been brought into captivity .WHY IS RHINO ENDANGERED ?• Rhinos are endangered because people have been hunting them for many of years. Poaching them just to sell their horns. They actually call the Black Rhinos horn "black gold" because its so expensive....
The tiger is a member of felidae (cat) family. It’s length ismostly 3.3 meters and weight is 300 kg . Tigers have a lifespanof 10–15 years in the wild, but can live longer than 20 years incaptivity.
• 1 .The preservation and enhancement of wildlife and its habitat cannot be distinguished from preservation of human habitat and so is a core function of government. 2 .Effective habitat conservation requires theparticipation of all levels of government State and federalagencies should establish baseline data and protectioncriteria as well as provide technical assistance to localgovernments and landowners. !!! IF YOU WILL NOT CONSERVE THESE ENDANGERED SPECIES THEN THESE ALL WILL COME INTO THE CATEGORY OF EXTINCT ONE .
Project TigerProject Tiger is a wildlifeconservation movementinitiated in India in 1973 toprotect tigers. The projectaims at tiger conservationin specially constitutedtiger reservesrepresentative of variousregions throughout Indiaand strives to maintainviable populations ofBengal tigers in theirnatural environment.
Polythene is the threatto environment itcan’t be burnt it can’tbe thrown in waterand it can’t be eatenwe can’t dispose of inany area if we disposeit in water than itcauses water pollutionif we burn it thenrelease harmfull gasesand if swallowed bycows than it causesdeath
India shouldpromote the use ofsolar energythrough solarphotovoltaic andthermal systemsfor powergenerations. Alsointegrate otherrenewable energytechnologies likebiomass and wind.
SAVE PETROL• Our bus stop is not miles away. Will it not be good to exercise while reaching bus stop rather than using a transport uses petrol or diesel ? Wasting petrol for just walk able distance is not wise ; rather it is stupidity.
Save trees ,stop pollution…………..• The most important motto in a person’s life should be about planting trees. Trees not only add to scenic beauty but they are also very useful. We should not cut them down, we should rather grow more of them.
Save electricity• Today is today ,tomorrow never comes save electrcity today to generate it tommorow.we should never forget to switch off the ligjhts and fans .This saves electricity.if we utilize electricity,it can be provided to the places where it does not reach. it should be our motto toCheck that nobody waste it.
No Smoking in public places………..• Our other motto should be about smoking. Smoking can be harmful so,we should not smoke, due to smoking pollution is inc. in environment.
• NATURE HAS GIVEN US WONDERFUL GIFTS.BEING YOUNGER GENERATION,WE SHOUL LOOK AFTER THEESE GIFTS.THEREFORE,START PLAYING THE ROLE OF SAVIOUR OF ENVIRNOMENT.GOOD LUCK!