Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Agriculture was promoted and developed and some of the cash
crops which were introduced the export base of East Africa.
They also introduced new methods of farming.
• Western formal education was introduced.
• Introduction of modern transportation and communication
• Construction of infrastructure such as schools, hospitals, roads
Train system in Kenya.
• European medicine and
• Slave trade ended (This was
especially a good thing in
East Africa, since many
places in this region were
main sources for slaves.) and
was replaced with
(Pink areas are main sources of African Slaves.)
The East African states lost
their independence and were
subjected to European rule
and administration and many
African chiefs and kings were
either killed or sent into exile.
• The Africans were seen as an
inferior group and were forced
to labor for European
• With the increase in Europeans
moving to East Africa, natives
lost their land and were put
into reserved camps.
• New boundaries were drawn
and defined in East Africa
without respect of the tribes
which led to disunity of
More than 10% of tribes were split up in the
partition of Africa.
There was maximum exploitation of resources in East Africa:
• And more.
Taxes were introduced to be paid in the form of money.