Images from the Camera Obscura
WHAT IS IT?
• The pinhole camera is essentially the camera obscura with light sensitive
paper placed in the line of the hole.
• Pinhole cameras can be made out of anything as long as it is a dark
encolosed space with a small pinhole to allow in light. (ours are old film
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Place electrical tape over the film development container’s opening. Poke a
tiny pin hole through the electrical tape to let in light.
• IN THE DARKROOM: cut a piece of photo paper in half and place it
shiny side up in the bottom of the pin hole camera.
• Set the pin hole camera close to the subject you would like to photograph.
• Remove the pinhole camera’s lid and “TAKE THE PICTURE”
• The time the paper is exposed to light will vary based on how much light is
in the area you want to photograph.
• Outside on a sunny day= 30 seconds.
• Inside or on a cloudy day= several minutes.
• Put the lid back on, take the paper out in the darkroom and develop it like