About Always wanted to be an astronaut. Almost blew wheat silo into orbit at age 12 when testing home-made rocket. But at least 0.000002% of my molecules finally made it into orbit*.
- Grew up on farm in rural Australia, worked 2-4hrs day from age 8 to age 18 years feeding livestock
- Became expert at gunpowder-making, horse-riding, bush camping, rolling my own cigarettes, fixing motorcycles, and ripping off Jimmy Page guitar solos
- At age 17, hitch-hiked solo across outback from Melbourne to Darwin and back to win $65 bet
- First non-farm job was department store janitor
- Second non-farm job was lumberjack/firefighter
- Third job was grape-picker
- Fourth job was