Combustion Chamber 1/5

1,534 views

Published on

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
2 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,534
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
4
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
132
Comments
0
Likes
2
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • v
  • Combustion Chamber 1/5

    1. 1. Also known as the combustor, burner, flame holder Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    2. 2. l ocation typically located directly between the compressor diffuser and turbine section Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    3. 3. C omponents Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    4. 4. A ir Flow Types Intro  Primary  Cooling  Intermediate  Dilution Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    5. 5. Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    6. 6. Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    7. 7. Primary Air= approximately 25% of total air Remaining 75%= used to form an air blanket around the burning gases and to lower the temperature Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    8. 8. The air used for burning fuel is “primary” air. • Cooling Air drops the temperature to a value that the turbine inlet guide vanes can withstand • Cooling air is “secondary” air (controlled and directed by holes and louvers) Supply Intro Process Fuel Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    9. 9. • Continuous airflow helps prevent CARBON from forming on the inside of the liner • Carbon deposits can cause HOT SPOTS, block cooling air passages, which then shortens burner life   Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    10. 10. P Intro urpose Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    11. 11. • Blends air and fuel proficiently • Controls the burning of large amounts of fuel and air efficiently • Dampens the hot combustion gases • Ensures that the air is expanded and accelerated ** must be accomplished with minimum Intro pressure loss and Fuel Supply Process maximum heat Types release COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424
    12. 12. Combustors play a crucial role in determining many of an engines operating characteristics, such as •fuel efficiency, •levels of emissions and •transient response (the response to changing conditions such a fuel flow and air speed) Intro Process Fuel Supply Types COMBUSTIONMaterials CHAMBER AE 424

    ×