● Unlike any other service currently on the market, TIDAL offers high fidelity lossless sound quality, high
definition music videos, and curated editorial, expertly crafted by experienced music journalists.
● For a single monthly subscription, TIDAL is the first to offer both quantity and quality with an extensive
music library of 25 million-plus tracks, streaming at more than four times the bit rate of competitive
● TIDAL subscribers will also be able to watch more than 75,000 music videos, all ad-free.
● TIDAL’s editors hand pick the music presented in the service, personally selecting and showcasing the
best new albums and tracks across all genres every day.
“It looks like Jay Z's star power has paid off ... Tidal has gained 100,000 paying
subscribers since the New York press conference.” - Business Insider (April, 2015)
Aspiro was purchased by Project Panther Ltd. (owned
by Jay Z) for USD $56.2 million in January 2015.
3 Months Later
Aspiro had posted a net loss of $5m for the last three months of 2014 and admitted that it
could run out of money at some point this year...According to an announcement from Aspiro
in October, WiMP had 512,000 paying users, 20,000 of whom subscribe to its high-definition
3 Months Later
History of Company
High Fidelity for WiMP launched [Aspiro's first lossless music streaming product] in Q4 2013.
Andy Chen becomes Aspiro CEO Jan 2014
Aspiro Group is a media technology company founded in 1998. The company mainly provides
subscription-based lossless music streaming services under two brands, WiMP Music and Tidal. The
company is headquartered in Norway
It wasn't until 2009 they developed their first music streaming service, which is the core business today.
“There’s going to be 15-20% of the people in any given population that are
just more quality focused. They want to have the better things, they want to
enjoy the better things, they want to get the most of what they can get, rather
than settling for what is the cheapest that they can get”
- Andy Chen
Taylor Swift is Hot!
● On Nov. 3, Swift pulled her entire catalog
from Spotify. Swift’s new album 1989 has
sold nearly 1.7 million copies nationwide in
its first two weeks on sale, according to
● Over the last year, what Spotify has paid is
the equivalent of less than 50,000 albums
● Shake It Off received 43.6 million plays
● Tidal now offers users the entire music
catalog of Taylor Swift
The majority of consumption is generating the least amount of revenue
1. TIDAL offers high fidelity lossless sound quality
Coldplay, Rihanna, Daft Punk, Alicia Keys, Calvin Harris, Jack
White, Madonna, Usher, Arcade Fire, Deadmau5, and
Beyoncé joined Jay Z in the owners circle. He is reportedly
offering millions of dollars and an equity stake to artists who
2. Jay-Z is not just a businessman- he’s a business, man