MADE BY :
The Romanian team from Magura
Romania is a country located at the intersection of Central and Southeastern Europe, bordering with the Black Sea.
Romania shares a border with Hungary and Serbia to the west, Ukraine and
Moldova to the north-east and east, and Bulgaria to the south.
With 238,400 square kilometers, Romania is the ninth largest country of the
European Union by area, and has the seventh largest population of the
European Union with more than 19 million people.
• Bucharest is Romania's capital and the best known city in Romania.
• Its nickname is “Little Paris”.
• The population is 1,944,367 inhabitants.
• It is located on the banks of the Dâmboviţa River.
hills and plateaus (33%)
Romania has a climate that is
transitional between temperate and
continental, with four distinct
Springs are pleasant with cool mornings
and nights and warm days.
Summers are generally very warm
Autumns are dry and cool, with fields and
trees producing colorful foliage.
Winters can be cold, with temperatures
varying between 2 °C and −15 °C in the
• With the fall of the Iron Curtain and the 1989 Revolution, Romania
began its transition towards democracy and a capitalist market
economy. After a decade of post-revolution economic problems
and living standard’ s decline, extensive reforms fostered economic
• Beginning with 2010, Romania is an upper middle-income country
with a high human development.
Romania is famous for its Carpathian Mountains, the Danube and the
What can you can visit in Romania if you come here? Take a look at
The lowest region of the country is the Danube Delta.
Delta is a natural reservation of biosphere, part of UNESCO
It is the second largest river Delta in Europe, after the Volga
Delta, and it is the best preserved on the continent.
• It is one of the most representative
symbols of Romania.
• According to the World Records
Academy, The House of Parliament is
the biggest administrative building in
the world, the most expensive one
and also the heaviest, entering for
three times in the Guiness Book of
• Romanian cuisine is a diverse blend of
different dishes from several traditions with
which it has come into contact, but it also
maintains its own character.
• If you come in Romania you can serve:
beans with smoked pork
Stuffed cabbage with polenta
• Romania has a population of more
than 19 million inhabitants .
• Most of the population is Romanian.
• Apart from Romanian people there are
also : Hungarians, Germans, Ukrainians
and several ethnic groups.
Nadia Comaneci is a Romanian
gymnast, the world's first
gymnast to receive a perfect
10 in the Olympic
She is the winner of five Olympic
gold medals. She is considered
one of the best gymnasts in
Nadia Comaneci is the first
Romanian included in the
Gymnastics Hall of Fame.
• He was a Romanian-born sculptor who made his
career in France.
• As a child he showed aptitudes for carving wooden
• Brancusi is considered to be the pioneer of modernism
and he is called the patriarch of modern scupture.
Valcea is our county.
RAMNICU VALCEA is the largest city from
It has a population of 107,726 inhabitants.
It is located in an area surrounded by hills,
forests, mountains and an important
river from Romania.
Our area is full of history and very famous
Exquisite pottery and ceramics
• A very old mine, still functional, now opened for the public in some areas.
• 20000 square meters could be visited underground.
Magura school is one of the oldest public school from Valcea County. It was
founded in 1867, when the first building was built.
It is situated in Mihaesti town, 15 kilometres away from Rm-Valcea, the
biggest town in Valcea County.
Magura School has a number of 494 children and 40 teachers.
Thank you for watching !! We are ready to welcome you to
Music: “Lonely shepard”
Gheorghe Zamfir, panflute