• Genesis 9:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:• 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Represents a covenant madebetween God and his creation
• Rainbows are seen when light hits water and is seen by a person at the correct angle. (about 42 degrees) • The water works like a prism splitting the ray of light into seven colors.• Because of the angle needed to see a rainbow it is believed that no two people see the same rainbow. If they both see a bow it is technically two different ones.
• Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse
The Cross • three men crucifiedOne rejected Jesus (the negative) one accepted Jesus (the positive) in the middle the great light of the world (Jesus) shinned bright
•Jesus (the light) •cross (the prism)• salvation (the covenant)
• seven identifiable church ages since Jesus on the cross• This is the rainbow of seven lights seen after the light of God is looked at through the sacrifices made on the cross
• you can’t see someone else’s rainbow• you can’t be saved by someone else’s experience with God