All out of class essays are to be submitted to me
electronically before the class period in which they are due.
1. Before you submit your essay, please save your file as
your last name and the number 2, like this: Smith 2.
This will help me keep your essays organized.
2. Submit your essay through Kaizena, a Google Drive
Or simply use the link on our class website home
This system allows me to respond to your essay with
both voice and written comments and to insert
3. Sign in to your
and allow Kaizena
access to your
4. Click on the “Ask Dr. Kim Palmore for
5. Choose your document from your Google
Drive. You will be directed to a new page to
choose a delivery box from a drop down
6. Add your essay to the appropriate EWRT 1A box (Essay
#2, #3, or #4) from the drop down menu. Then, click the
“Ask for feedback” button again.
7. Once I have graded your paper, Kaizena will automatically
share with you the link to the Google document in the
comments section — located on the top-right corner of the
Then you will get the box pictured below. Clicking the link will take you
to your graded paper.
8. Click on the highlighted sections of the paper
to find both audio and written comments
concerning your essay and links to materials
that will help you improve your writing.