Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits is a fantastic program that helps nonprofits raise awareness and grow their community. With up to $10,000 per month in free advertising, all nonprofits should be using this resource. Interested in learning more? Contact email@example.com today.
Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits
Overview of the Program
We are a Lehigh Valley based digital marketing provider;
focused on working with nonprofits and small businesses.
Digital Strategist John Mohr has been working with
organizations to develop digital marketing strategies for
more than 15 years.
Client partnerships include:
• American Montessori Society
• The Conrail Historical Society
• Performing Arts Center of Lehigh Valley
Who is mohrDigital LLC?
A Google Grant is a $10,000 in-kind (no cost to you) grant given to
How do you use the grant?
• Create search ads using the Google AdWords platform
• Ads will display in google search results (all devices)
• Paid ads may display above Grant ads
• Budget is capped at $329 per day for the entire account
• Only clicks are applied to this total, not impressions
• Bids are capped at $2 (top bid for a keyword)
What is Google Ad Grants
Up to $120,000 of free ad exposure on the number 1 search engine in
the world is not convincing you?
Okay, here is why you need Google Grants:
• When you want to get information not currently available to you, how
do you find it?
• Did you think “Easy, I’d Google it?”
• Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second
• Close to 4 billion searches a day
• Our top account received over 500,000 impressions last month
• Consider that in terms of unaided awareness you may not have right now
• Average new site visits from our accounts are 3,000 per month
How Do Google Ad Grants Help You?
Examples of Search Results Layouts
I mentioned building awareness as the main reason to make sure you
are taking advantage of Google Ad Grants.
Here are a few more reasons why you need Google Grants
Other Ways Google Grants Helps
• Own your story – controlling the
search result landscape
• Ever see bad reviews for your
organization in search results?
• Your titles for SEO may not be as
engaging – optimize for conversion
• Test messaging – for other channels
• You can use results from your AdWords
reports to tell you which messages gain
clicks and actual conversions
Not all nonprofits are actually eligible, but most are.
Here are the main requirements:
• Be recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
• Be formed for charitable, educational, religious, literary, scientific, or
other tax-exempt purposes. For more information, see How to Apply
for Charity Status.
• Must not be a fiscally sponsored organization.
• Organizations must be currently registered with TechSoup
Is Your Nonprofit Eligible for Google Grants?
Google does have some minor limitations for their Ad Grants program.
Grant account stipulations:
• Daily budget for entire account is $329/day ($10,000 per month)
• Maximum cost per click is $2.00
• Only keyword targeted campaigns are allowed
• Text ads only
• Only on the google search network
• Ads must all be linked to one domain, the domain used to create the
• Other advertising can not be used on the landing page
Are There Limitations in Google Grants?
You will want to set up your account based on the different types of
campaigns you run in your digital marketing strategy.
Examples of typical campaigns:
• General awareness
• Organization awareness – this will include branded terms
• Cause awareness – this includes the topics of your cause
• Donor focused – campaigns to support your fundraising efforts
• Recipient focused – initiatives that share the benefits your
organization has made and who it has helped
• Event based – promote the various events your organization holds
(annual conference, promotional
What Kind of Ads Can You Run?
Setting up and managing an AdWords account is something that a
dedicated individual in your organization can do. However,
Consider some information before deciding to do it in-house:
• Most Google Grant accounts only spend $330 of the $10,000
• This is primarily due to lack of skills in setting up and optimizing campaigns
• Other experts share average spending of $2-6,000 per month on their accounts
• Our average is over $7,000 per month across accounts
• Many organizations see click through rates (CTR) of less than 1%
• Our average CTR is almost 3%
Who Manages Your AdWords Campaign?
We are happy to help with your Google Ad Grants setup & monitoring.
If you prefer to manage your account yourself we can provide training.
• Setup of Google Ad Grants / Assistance with Setup
• Free if agreement to have mohrDigital manage your account monthly
• Hourly rate to help with setup – typically take 2-4 hours at most
• Monthly Management of Account
• We typically charge 5% of total cost per month (Google cost, free for you ☺)
• Example, if the cost for the ads is $7,000 our monthly fee is $350
• AdWords Training
• This is usually a 2-4 hour training (depends on your goals).
Working with mohrDigital LLC
Monthly management includes updated campaigns and providing
Typical monthly tasks:
• Setup of New Ad Groups / Ads - As your organization grows you may
have needs for additional ad groups or ads
• Keyword Optimization - We will continuously monitor for new
opportunities to add keywords, pause poor performers, etc.
• Ad Testing - We may perform A/B test on ads to improve CTR and
drive more qualified traffic to your site
• Reporting – Bi-weekly or monthly reporting will be provided, letting
you know how much traffic is being sent to your site and which
campaigns are working the best
What is Included in Monthly Management
484-402-6647 | firstname.lastname@example.org