The number one way to market on a budget is through…Delivering Consistently Superior Customer Service
The Three Rules1. Know more about the customer than anyone else.2. Get closer to the customer than anyone else.3. Care more about the customer than anyone else.
Customer satisfaction drives customer loyalty… and customer loyalty drives profitability Promoters 100% Zone of Affection 90 A 5% increase in loyalty 80 among your best 70 Zone of customers… 60 Indifferenc Loyalty 50 e 40 Can produce a profit 30 Zone of increase of 25% – 85% Defection 20Detractors Extremely Somewhat Slightly Very Dissatisfied Dissatisfied Dissatisfied Satisfied Satisfied Customer Satisfaction
2. Shared Customer Service Credo They establish a clear vision of what superior service is, communicate that vision to employees at all levels, and ensure that service quality is personally and positively important to everyone in the organization.
3. MOT: Process = Repeatable success• They create systems, processes and protocols to ensure that service delivery is flawless… without stifling the creativity and initiative of their employees.
4. Clear Standards + AccountabilityThey establish concrete standards ofservice quality and regularly measurethemselves against those standards,guarding against the “acceptableerror” mindset by establishing as theirgoal 100% customer satisfactionperformance.
5. Customer Focused Employees They hire the best people, train them carefully and extensively so they have the knowledge and skills to achieve the service standards, then empower them to work on behalf of the customers to build very high levels of TRUST
6. Reward and Celebrate Success…They recognize and reward serviceaccomplishments, sometimesindividually, sometimes as a groupeffort, in particular celebrating thesuccess of employees who go “onestep beyond” for their customers.Deal decisively with mediocrity
The Rule of 3 • Wow – breakthrough teams commit to a clear and specific standard of world-class performance. • No Surprises – all team members are accountable for openness and honest debate, and each knows what to expect from the others. • Cheer – team members support, recognize, appreciate and cheer each other and the group to victoryFrom: The Orange Revolution by Gostick and Elton
WOM = Your BEST form of advertising! 78.9% 23.4%
You MUST have a Referral PROCESS Identify Refer Ideal IdealCustomer Customer From John Jantsch: The Referral Engine
Use EVERY type of Social Media that your customers use…
THANK YOU VERY Much!!!! If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to send a note or call. My email address is: email@example.com My twitter address is: @awesomelysimpleAlso, you might find value in the ideas I share in my blog. You can sign up for it at: www.blog.johnspence.com Lastly, these slides and a BIGGER workbook have already been uploaded to: www.slideshare.net/johnspence