Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

The now & next of digital marketing: Key online trends impacting your business in 2015

1,333 views

Published on

Presented at Marketing Leaders Masterclass #MLleeds

As the role of digital marketing continues to evolve, with the customer’s mobile experience, online discoverability and digital innovation all reshaping the agenda, Ian provides insights into the future of doing business online.

This session will explore the key online trends that will affect your business over the course of this year, provide practical advice and debunk some common misconceptions, as well as providing a toolkit to help you sharpen your online plans for the months ahead.

Published in: Marketing
  • Be the first to comment

The now & next of digital marketing: Key online trends impacting your business in 2015

  1. 1. Digital marketing trends April 2015 Ian Lloyd Director of Digital @ilfloyd
  2. 2. • Digital • Organic Search • Trends • Risks • Actions April 2015
  3. 3. Where does your web site traffic derive from? April 2015
  4. 4. Fundamentals of SEO April 2015
  5. 5. April 2015
  6. 6. What is Google doing? April 2015 Updates slowing Last 2 years average over 1 major update a month
  7. 7. What is Google doing? April 2015 Reduction of Panda Increase of ‘unknown’ Authority steady
  8. 8. Be prepared for Panda and Authority (link) updates to be integrated into the live algorithm April 2015
  9. 9. What can go wrong if you're negatively affected? Penguin = unnatural, spammy link profile Panda = low quality content, thin pages, duplicate content April 2015
  10. 10. Penguin 3, Oct 2014 – Yell.com April 2015 Visibility drop of 20%
  11. 11. Penguin 3.1 – Motors.co.uk April 2015 Visibility drop of 20%
  12. 12. Panda – Ask.com April 2015 Visibility drop of 75%
  13. 13. How can I mitigate for these issues? April 2015
  14. 14. Link auditing: April 2015 Download & Sort Disavow Crawl 1 Crawl 2 Link Removal Team Data Collection Analyst Manual Review Dead LinksLive Links Crawl
  15. 15. Technical Auditing: April 2015 http://www.webmarketinggroup.co.uk/blog/30-point-technical-seo-checklist/ http://www.webmarketinggroup.co.uk/free-seo-audit/
  16. 16. The next big algorithm update?............. April 2015
  17. 17. Mobile algorithm today? April 2015 30% of todays attendees are running non mobile optimised web sites Prediction - mobile ranking and mobile traffic drops The other 70% Prediction - mobile ranking and mobile traffic increases
  18. 18. Study of our 146 clients April 2015 https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
  19. 19. Trends: • Slow down of large algorithm updates • Integration into the live algorithm • Businesses reacting by increasing their investment into proactive rather than reactive work: I. Continual link auditing (care for your link profile like you do your customers) II. Continual technical auditing (mobile/architecture) April 2015
  20. 20. Thank you Ian Lloyd @ilfloyd

×