What if you could:
• proceed from basic text to a published eBook using one
simple to use tool
• retain full control over the process
Create a new book project
The resulting ePubChef project
• Skeleton files for your book
• Recipe file to personalise
• eBook templates and styles
• Code to produce a fully
validated EPUB and .mobi
Write your book
• Start with the “recipe”
• Add scenes, chapters and revise
the layout as you go
Edit the Recipe
• The recipe can be added to and
revised over the life of the book
• Zen writing mode is available
• Write online or offline
• Create branches and merge to
main book when done.
Editors, publishers, eBook architects,
agents can be invited to view and
All edits are fully controlled and reversible.
Book projects can be public or private.
Generate an eBook at any time
Any collaborator or anyone given a voucher can have an
EPUB or .mobi mailed to them – anytime.
• Works with Markup or HTML snippets
• Creates smart quotes
• Multi-level table of contents
• Cleans text (eg. Removes double spaces)
• Creates drop Capitals
• And much more.
Generate eBook via web form or
GitHub pull request.
Retain full control over the look,
and the book.
CSS and layout templates are under full control of
authors and collaborators to the project.
The code to generate the book is yours to keep – forever,
and can be run on your computer.
• eBooks created with ePubChef can be sold by Amazon,
Apple and other retailers – just like any other EPUB
• Additionally, you can create vouchers to be redeemed for
books. Redemption can be direct on epubchef.com or
through 3rd party distributers.
• Books sold via epubchef.com can have embedded
purchaser data in the eBook.
• Proof of Concept code completed and proven
• In search of a partner to drive ePubChef forward.
• John Cobo