A teacher organizes his activities of
teaching to bring about desirable
change in the behavior of the
learner. Thus, the students are
forced to achieve learning
objectives. It provides the
opportunity to the teacher to use
different types of teaching aids.
Lecture method is an oldest teaching method given by
idealism philosophy. It is still most important teaching
methods in our schools. It is one of the autocratic
Focos:- It may be used to achieve the cognitive
and affective objectives. Re cture can be used to realize
the Righest order of cognitive activities.
Principles of Teaching
It employs the following principles.
The content is presented as whole.
The main stress is on presentation.
The student learn better through listening.
The Science – content is correlated with other
1. The habit of concentration may be developed among the
2. It is an economical teaching strategy. A large subject content
may be taught relatively in small duration.
3. Very high order of cognitive objectives may be achieved.
4. The personality of teacher influences the learner’s personality.
5. The new content can be easily introduced.
1. This strategy can be used in higher classes but it cannot
easily used in elementary classes.
2. Teaching activities are dominated by the teacher and
there is no place for students abilities, interest and their
3. It can not used for achieving the psychomotor activities
and the highest order of affective objectives.
4. An effective teacher can use this strategy effectively
because teacher should have mastery over the content.
5. It has more emphasis on teacher presentation and has no
place for the participation of students.
It is an oldest teaching methods
proposed by idealism. Teacher is
more active and students are passive
it is question answer teaching