Table of Contents
• “Our Story” Defined
– Home, Sets, and Explore
• Classroom Benefits
“Our Story” Defined
• “Our Story” is a web-based application that
allows you to “save stories, photos, and
videos on a collaborative timeline.”
• Allows user to:
– Make a timeline about anything
– Collaborate with friends and family
– Share it with anyone
– Add it to MySpace or your Blog
• Website has a 3-tab layout for easier use.
– Question Sets
• Also has a site search feature as well as
log in / join link.
• Gives an example timeline.
• Explains how the application works.
• Offers different featured timelines.
• Presents you with the opportunity to create
your own timeline for free.
• Offers 9 different sets of questions to help
you get started on your timeline.
– Story sets include, “My Story,” “Family Story,”
“Our Story,” and more.
• Gives a few different blog type postings
from others timelines, presumably to aid in
adding information to your timeline.
• Timelines can be powerful educational
– Useful to help students understand the
sequence of events as well as cause and
– Provides an avenue for the student to get
excited about researching a historical event or
– Allows for student to research their own family
and where they have come from.
– This site wonderfully accommodates group Story
– Homepage for the application
– More helpful information about the application
– Offers additional classroom insight