B Y J O A N N A S C H R O E D E R , A G & E N E R G Y R E P O R T E R
E M A I L : A L T E N E R G Y B L O G G E R @ H O T M A I L . C O M
T W I T T E R : @ J M S C H R O E D E R
Drones may have been grounded by the
FAA during the 2015 Farm Progress Show,
but here are some UAVs that will soon fly
the Ag Skies…
• Proprietary Artificial Intelligence detects weather conditions in the air
and creates its own optimal flight path while in the air.
• In-Flight diagnostics & Monitoring continually monitors itself while in
flight: checking battery life, operational weather/wind limitations,
structure cracks and other internal performance checks.
It’s a bird…it’s a plane…no, it’s the Landcaster Platform UAV!
AGRIBOTIX & AGCO
• The "all-in-one," drone-enabled package combines Agribotix's FarmLens
cloud-based data platform with the purpose-built SOLO AGCO edition
• Users can scout and record aerial field data up to 60 acres per flight. Ag
imaging cameras capture RGB & near-infrared images that are
uploaded to the FarmLens platform and processed to produce hi-res
Field Health Reports.
Coming to a field near you…the Solo AGCO Edition quadcopter.
CROP COPTER SPECS:
• 1 Mile Range, 15 Minutes of Flight Time with Return to Home Failsafes
• Live Video Feed, Live In-flight Info, GPS Enabled with GoPro Camera
MAX FLIGHT SPECS:
• 3X the flight time and 1,000 gram lifting capacity as Crop Copter
• Capable of flying up to 400 acres in a flight
• Autonomous flight, real time video feedback EZ Health payload option
There’s a lot to drone on about the Crop Copter and Max Flight.
To stay in touch with news related
to how drones will revolutionize
the agriculture industry, visit