The Seed of Passion
• Passion is born when God calls you and says,
“Look, this is a need.”
• You see the need, you know you can fill the
need and deep in your heart you know your
life will never be the same.
The Roots of Passion
• Ask yourself these questions to discover what
you are truly passionate about:
1. When you read God’s Word, are there
common themes in the verse you mark?
2. What breaks your heart?
3. Who and what would you be
inconvenienced for day after day?
The Boomerang Effect
• Passion is not “I’ll scratch your back, you
scratch mine”, but giving yourself fully to God
and trusting the results to Him.
• Sometimes you receive a deep sense of
personal satisfaction knowing your life
counted in the life of another.
• Other times you won’t even know the fruit,
this side of heaven, but the sense of God
smiling at your obedience is reward enough
for your soul.
The Fear of Passion
• You may fear the unknown
• You may fear the responsibility of carrying the
• You may fear burnout from caring too much.
• You may feel inadequate or unprepared.
• The Provider
– She sees a need and quietly goes about the task of
providing the need.
– Leads from behind the scenes
– Sees the details and likes them done right
– Leads like Martha
– Downfall is that she judges others by their
willingness or unwillingness to serve others.
• The Preparer
– Loves to teach others
– She wants others to have the “how-to’s” of life
– Negative – “my way is the right way” mentality
• The Proclaimer
– Loves meeting new people
– Not afraid to speak
– Great storyteller
– Makes great Coordinators or DGL’s
• The Praiser
– Leads by encouragement
– Has great faith in God
– Sees potential in others
– Team mom attitude
– Negative – if she fails at something, its like a
crushing blow to her self-esteem
Dare to Dream
• Dream the Impossible Dream
• Be an Idealist