Welcome to Chemistry!
You will need:
1) Mission Possible – pgs. 1-6
(Picked up last week)
2) One blank sheet of lined paper
3) Pen or pencil to write with & 5 colored
pencils or markers
Please sit in the same seats as last
Please get out a Pencil or Pen..
Date Due Name of Assignment Possibl
8/21 8/22 Newspaper Blackout
8/21 8/23 Signed Brochure 35
8/21 8/28 E-Mail Me (Name-first & last,
period of science this term,
favorite lab or science
8/22 8/26 8/27 Mission Possible 120/15
1. When is the Mission Possible assignment
2. What do you need to do when you enter
3. How do you earn your grade in chemistry?
4. What mornings are tutorials offered in
chemistry? What time do they start?
5. When is your e-mail assignment due?
6. Why is important to always represent
How did you do?
Honestly evaluate your level of
performance based on the descriptors.
CONTRIBUTION; ATTITUDE; FOCUS;
Pt Values = 5, 4 or 3
No 2 or 1 pts offered because there are
no “D” or “F” grades in High School
Areas for Improvement?
Tested, Observed, Generated Ideas
Completed pages 1 & 2 of lab sheets
Completed Final Structure
Completed page 3 of lab sheets
How do we Write a Conclusion
After completing a lab, it is
important to write a conclusion
paragraph based on evidence.
Evidence can be quantitative
(numbers) or qualitative (descriptive
observations, patterns, etc.)
Address the following points in your
1)Restate the overall
purpose/challenge of the lab.
1) Independent Variable: materials and
2) Dependent Variable: Design for Height of
structure or Strength of structure
2)What were the major findings?
1) Summarize your trial results….
2) What happened, give any specific #’s or
observations to support the viability of your
3) What did you find that worked, what didn’t
3) Was the hypothesis supported by
1) Yes or No
2) How so?
3) Did anything surprise you?
4) How would you improve this
1) What did you learn about the materials?
2) What would you differently?
5) What else could we do to continue
a study of this building topic?
1) If we could try again, what would you like to
2) How would you modify this experiment?
3) Would you use different materials or have
4) What value does investigating building
structures have in our world?
Chemistry is present in every aspect of life.
Choose any 2 questions and record a
minimum of 3 bullet points about the
Write 1 summary sentence telling the
chemistry or physics connection.
Final Draft of Conclusion Paragraph
– Make sure spelling & punctuation is correct
– Check your grammar and “flow” of sentence
Go to “Chemistry in Everyday Life”
– Choose any 2 of the 15 questions
– Bullet answers – NO complete sentences
Due Tomorrow at the beginning of the
- Mission Possible-Lab – Chemistry in Everyday
Life = homework
- E-mail Me
Lab Donation – Best by 9/6-$5.00 –
Check to MVMS or Cash