José Miguel Benedé
I.E.S. Santiago Hernández – Zaragoza
F.O.L. in English since 2013
To show a “typical” English-F.O.L. lesson.
If I can do it, you can also do it.
2011-2013 Leonardo VET PRO:
◦ “Bilingualism at Vocational Training” Germany and Finland.
2013-2014 F.O.L in English
◦ (Commerce and Marketing– Administration and Finance)
CLIL - Methodology:
◦ CLIC : Content and Language Integrated Learning
◦ Students learn F.O.L. but using English as the
communication language. (listening, writing and
◦ The objective is communication (not grammar
◦ Students and teacher reach an agreement:
What to learn (Most interesting contents for students)
How to learn (Individually or Groups – Writing or
How to evaluate (Level of success)
◦ There are more students every year.
◦ They learn F.O.L. and English
◦ They are motivated and they feel proud.
◦ For the teacher
It is a great challenge - opportunity
Legislation about bilingualism.
Level of English
School – Department – Personal compromise
1st Carmen Canales
(I.E.S. Pablo Serrano – Zaragoza)
2nd Pilar González
(I.E.S. Santiago Hernández – Zaragoza)
3rd Mª Isabel Pérez Ortego
(I.E.S. Rosaleda – Malaga)
4th Itziar González de Mendivil
(Escuela de Hostelería de Leioa – Bizkaia)