JOHN MARTIN WELCH
9 Silver Birch Circle
Fairport, New York 14450
• Customer service skills used to assist labs and sales force with resolving issues
that affect output quality at customer sites.
• Proven leader with 8 years supervisory experience who possesses the ability to
organize a diverse workforce and manage projects in a fast paced environment to
increase productivity and efficiency.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills that result in separate organizations
working together with limited resources to achieve their goals.
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY Rochester, NY
• Coordinated, prioritized and delegated workflow through frequent communication with
customers and technicians, making certain that inventory, equipment and personnel
were available to provide consistently high quality and accurate data while meeting
• Managed 11 imaging technicians in two separate lab environments eventually creating
one cohesive workgroup, increasing efficiency while serving two distinct customer
• Supervised several employees and local university students at the 2000 Sydney
Summer and 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics Kodak Image Centers that resulted
in near zero and zero defects respectively on thousands of customer orders.
• Wrote employee performance appraisals and conducted periodic meetings to guide
personnel behavior to best serve the organization and the individual’s future.
• Facilitated daily production team meetings to keep coworkers informed of upcoming
marketing events and incoming workload in order to maintain smooth workflow.
• Acted as a liaison between 3 dimensional imaging lab and Creative Imaging Services to
plan and coordinate resources for future production events to ensure deadlines were
• Provide information and products to customers and assist the sales force on equipment
settings to get highest quality photographic prints resulting in increased paper volume
sales by 600,000 sq. ft. per year.
• Train technicians on various digital exposing devices resulting in a more efficient
workgroup and team members with broader skill sets.
• Oversee renewal of service contracts for various OM printers using maintenance logs
and utilization records to determine feasibility.
• Communicate with printer manufacturers to requisition parts and complete repairs in
order to avoid outside labor costs resulting in the lab saving several thousand dollars
• Department Health, Safety and Environmental Representative making sure worksite
stays free of hazardous conditions and employees stay current on all applicable
• Use digital imaging software packages to create photo books that included composition,
layout, retouching, and printing for the purpose of testing new software and evaluating
current software upgrades.
• Test workflow software to ensure that latest upgrades run as intended.
• Operate various digital printers to evaluate resulting color reproduction and image
• Produced images used in marketing and advertising materials and trade show displays,
including the 30’ x 50’ Kodak Times Square prints.
• Maintain and repair photographic processors in order to keep machines emulating
processors used by Kodak customer labs to resolve customer issues and assure new
products will perform optimally with similar equipment in the field.
• Oversaw logistics of packaging and shipping mural prints that ensured customer
satisfaction with a zero tolerance to imperfections.
Medaille College Rochester, NY 2008
Degree Program: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Summa Cum Laude GPA: 3.95
Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY 1999
Degree Program: Associate in Applied Sciences with a concentration in Photography
with honors GPA: 3.57
Eastman Kodak Company 2005
Imaging Science and Technology Career Development
(2 year Certification Program)
Eastman Kodak Company Development Training:
-Dealing with Challenging Employees -Essential Leadership Skills
-Excelling as a Supervisor -Leadership Discovery
COMMUNITY SERVICE/VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
• Coach basketball team of six through nine year olds, emphasizing skills
development and teamwork through the YMCA. (2008-2009)
• Teach soccer skills to five and six year olds and assist in talent evaluation for all
age groups through the Fairport Soccer Club. (2007-present)
• U of R/Kodak Healthy Workforce Board. (2007-2009)
• Coached 7th and 8th grade boy’s basketball team. (1993-1996)