Description of ARMHC
• ARMHC creates, finds, & supports
programs that directly improve the health
& well-being of children.
• Cornerstone program is the 2 Atlanta
Ronald McDonald Houses which provide
housing & support for families with ill
children being treated at local hospitals.
Description of Adopt-A-Family Program
• ‘Adopt’ 75 families for an average seven-
night stay by paying the actual cost of
$77.35 per night per family.
• There are no other children’s
organizations providing a “home away from
home” for families traveling to Atlanta
with ill and injured children in need of
Adopt-A-Family Program Costs
and Charity Guild Grant Request
• 2009 grant request $40,000
• Grant will sponsor 75 families for an
average 7-night stay at a cost of
$77.35 per night.
• Families are asked to contribute $20 per night
but many cannot afford this small contribution
and no family is ever turned away for financial
• Charity Guild pledged $5,000 for 2008.
• ARMHC served 1,241 families in 2008.
• Houses provide a private bedroom and
bathroom, transportation to and from
the hospital, meals provided by
volunteers, toiletries and household
items provided by donors,
entertainment, and emotional support.
• New 50-bedroom House includes ten 2-bedroom
suites to accommodate immune-suppressed
children who have received blood and marrow
and solid organ transplants.
• Strong volunteer base - 250 people and groups.
• No other similar “home away from home” in
Atlanta for families while their ill and injured
children are receiving medical treatment.
• After a successful $16 million campaign to build the
new 50-bedroom House, the next challenge is to raise
sufficient funds to cover almost $2 million of annual
operating expenses for the two Houses.
• The 11-bedroom House near Children’s Healthcare of
Atlanta at Scottish Rite continually operates at 100%
occupancy with a nightly waiting list. There is an
immediate need for a larger Ronald McDonald House at
this location as well.