Eagle c Ronald Koh - 1988 1. 2. Use a thin sheet of paper or tissue foil of at least 15 cm square.Fold diagonally in half from left to right, Valley fold the lower diagonal edges to thecrease well, and unfold. Repeat by folding crease line in the centre and turn paper over.in half from top to bottom, and unfold. 3. 4. Open out to the sides, effectively unfolding Step 2. 5. Fold down the triangular section at the top and turn paper over. 6. Make two diagonal folds as illustrated, in line with the edge of the triangular layer underneath. Crease firmly, and unfold. Lift up the triangular piece from behind.
7. 8. Repeat from Step 2 on the lower half of the Valley fold through the circled intersecting paper, then turn the paper over. crease lines, crease firmly, and unfold. 9. 10. ... like so. Now fold the diagonal edge in the middle to the vertical crease in the centre, crease firmly, and unfold. Repeat on the other side. 11. Collapse the paper along the illustrated mountain and valley folds ...12. Pull the flaps on each side slightly apart and sink fold. You may need to stick a finger through the underside to guide the sink fold precisely along the crease lines made in Step 10. Repeat on the other side. Flatten the rest of the model to the position at Step 10.
13. 14. Fold the bottom corner to Separate the two diagonal edges on the the top, crease well, and right and squash fold. Repeat behind. unfold. 15. 16. 17.Separate the two diagonal Fold and unfold, creasing ... then petal fold.edges and squash fold firmly ...again. 18. 19. 20. Fold the triangular flap ... then fold the flap on the Grasp the circled point down ... left to the right. Repeat and gradually pull the flap from Step 15 on the next upwards as far as it can 21. flap on the left. go, opening out and flattening the layers beneath ... 22. ... like this, before bringing The model should now look down the flap again. like this. Turn the model over.
23. 24. 25. Repeat Step 15 on the Mountain fold the triangular Fold the first flap on the right, and then on the left. portion of the uppermost right to the left. layer under and against itself. 26. 27. 28.Fold and unfold, creasing ... then reverse fold. Fold and unfold again,firmly ... from the left corner to the corner on the right. 29. 30. 31.Now mountain fold the ... then close up with a Fold the flap on the leftexcess paper under as rabbits ear fold. to the right and repeatwell ... from Step 26 on the other side. 32. 33. 34.Bring the corners from Squash fold ... ... and then petal fold,the sides to the apex. as you did in Steps 16 to 18.
35. 36. 37.Grasp the flaps at the ... then reverse fold to hide Turn modelcircled area and pull the triangular tab over.gently apart, ... beneath. 38. 39. 40.Swivel both layers to ... grasp the paper at thethe left, ... circled area and make a crimp fold while drawing ... like this. Return the two the paper, slightly beyond layers folded in Step 38 to midway, towards the top ... the right and flatten out. 41. 42. 43. The pieces on each side, ... then valley fold the sides ofThe model should now look which will form the wings, the top layer to narrow.like this. Repeat Steps 38 to should be symetrical. Reverse40 on the left side of the fold each of the tabs on themodel. sides ... 44. 45. 46.Valley fold the tail piece Mountain fold the first layer at ... and reverse fold to hide theupwards, crease firmly, and the bottom corner of the wings lower portion of the tailpieceunfold. Next crimp fold the within itself, then separate and within the opening ...layer at the base of each wing draw the central vertical edgesas illustrated, then turn model of the tailpiece to the sides ...over.
47. 48.... like this. Now valley fold the corners of the Crimp fold the front of the wings as second layer of the wing within itself, and illustrated. widen the tail by folding out the overlapping tabs in the middle. 49. 50. Bring down the uppermost flap with a ... crimp fold through all remaining valley fold, ... layers at the top to form the head ... 51. 52. ... and mountain fold the model vertically in half Now to form the left claw. First, 53. fold and unfold ... 54.... then do an outside reverse fold using the crease lines made in Step 52. You will need to open out the layers temporarily to do this. Inside reverse fold the claw, then outside reverse fold at the tail.
55. 56.Pull down the lower beak just a little. Valley fold both sides of the head and neckReverse fold the tip of the left claw once area as illustrated.more as illustrated, then repeat from Step52 on the right claw. 59. 57. 58.Outside reverse fold ... like this.the tip of the beak ... 60. Fold down the wing on this side ... ... then crimp the wing with a series of mountain and valley folds as illustrated. Repeat from Step 59 on the other wing. Finally, spread out and curve the wings for greater realism.