What kind of media
institution might distribute
your product and why?
What is distribution?
• The delivery or distribution of media content, such
as audio, video, software and games.
Examples of distribution
• Contender films – The city of violence, Shutter,
Avery British gangster
• Entertainment – Rush hour, The departed,
• Lionsgate UK – Monsters ball, Pierrepoint
• The type of film we produced is a thriller. The
distribution companies that I have looked at
probably won’t be interested in our film because
they are not of the same genre. However
contender films might be because they produced
the city of violence which is the same kind of
genre as Insight.
Is our film going to appeal to
UK audiences only?
Our film does not only appeal to UK audiences. This
is because people around the world like to watch
thrillers as well. Our film is US based and has also
been popular around the world. Our film shows
problems that happen all over the world, not just in
the UK so people from other countries would want to
Possible marketing strategies, release
strategies and exhibition options
• Produce a trailer to promote the film coming out and give
the audience a sneak peak of what the film is about.
• Social media. Posting the trailer and release dates online
for people to see. This will put the film out there and
attract more people to it.
• Film posters. This will hopefully attract a wider audience
with putting up posters around shops and public places
such as train/tube stations, café’s and colleges for
people to look at with the release dates.