What is Objective-C?
• The Objective-C language is a
simple computer language
designed to enable
• Knowing or having an
understanding of C will help you
understand this language
• It is a C superset based and
built on Smalltalk
• Steve Jobs adopted it for his
What is Swift?
• Swift is a new object-oriented programming
language for iOS and OS X development.
Swift is modern, powerful, and easy to use.
• Like Java, Swift includes the latest features of
an object-oriented language.
to write simple, expressive code (minus
Model View Controller (MVC)
Show a Menu
Make a Reservation
Show Wine List
What we will be building
What we will learn today
• Working with Storyboards
• Creating a basic Single View application
• Customizing the colors of your app
• Adding Images (UIImageView)
• Adding Buttons (UIButton)
• Calling a Phone Number (IBAction)
• Launching a Website (IBAction)
• Adding Maps (MKMapView)
Where can you learn more?
Intro to iOS Development
Tuesday & Thursday Evenings
This course is designed for people interested
in learning to create iOS applications
and publishing them on the App Store.