The marketing of products to ultimate
consumers through face-to-face sales
presentations at home or in the workplace
Party plans: Hosting groups to view a product
demonstration and encouraging participants to
purchase the products.
Example: Eureka Forbes.
An interactive system of marketing which uses
one or more advertising media to effect a
measurable response at any location, forming
a basis for creating and further developing an
ongoing relationship between an organisation
and its customers.
THE POSTAL SERVICE
TO A RECIPIENT’S
HOME OR BUSINESS
TO PROMOTE A
• The focus should always be on what sells.
• Not always necessary to reinvent the wheel when designing
• Make the ‘offer’ the central theme of the designing campaign.
• Long copy can sell if the reader is engaged.
• Select creativity that sells, not that which just looks good.
• Always test and measure response.
• Select and retain media not on their ratings, but on their
ability to sell for you.
• Always ask for the order or for further action.
E-mail marketing is a form
of direct marketing which
uses electronic mail as a
means of communicating
commercial or fundraising
messages to an audience. In
its broadest sense, every e-
mail sent to a potential or
current customer could be
considered e-mail marketing.