Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Question 4:Who would be the audience for your media product?Our film is aimed at the upper class(Class A/B) because of the...
There are 10% of cinema goers that enjoy Film Noir although only 1% thought it was theirfavourite genre.Out of the 10% of ...
Apart from the Film Noir genre, Mr Healy particularly enjoys action films such as IndianaJones and Bladerunner, or films d...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Evaluation question 4

399 views

Published on

  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Evaluation question 4

  1. 1. Question 4:Who would be the audience for your media product?Our film is aimed at the upper class(Class A/B) because of the time the film was made e.g.1940-50’s, the demographics that we decided on are:Age: 35+Gender: Male.Occupation: Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers, Teachers.Social Class: AB.We have chosen this audience because the genre of the film depicts a very niche audience,with interests mainly qualifying from men of a relatively old age and some at a younger agewhich we have set it at, we have done this because people at that age can relate to thesefilms most and enjoy them the most as they would have most likely been their first moviesthat they have watched, this does not mean that this genre is restricted only to the olderages, as there are some circumstances where people of a younger generation becomeinterested in Film Noirs.
  2. 2. There are 10% of cinema goers that enjoy Film Noir although only 1% thought it was theirfavourite genre.Out of the 10% of cinema goers overall that enjoy Film Noir, 9% were male <35, 13% weremale 35+, 7% were female <35, and 9% were female 35+.It is clear that the age and gender that enjoys Film Noir the most is Male 35+.Out of the 1% of cinema goers overall that thought Film Noir was their favourite, 1% weremale <35, 2% were male 35+, 1% were female <35, and 1% were female 35+.It is clear that the age and gender who think Film Noir is their most favourite is Male 35+.Social Class:AB - 2% C1 - 1% C2 - <1% DE - 1%As we recently discovered that the class AB enjoys Film Noir the most our secondaryaudience would be the C1 class considering they are the next class down.The BBFC classification we gave it was a 15 due tographic and violent content as it still encouragesyounger generations e.g. teenagers to watch andappreciate older cultures although the film ismainly aimed at older adults in order to establishthe audience of 35+.Our film is likely to be released in a smaller independent theatre because as the UK FilmCouncil Stats state about 10% of cinema goers enjoy Film Noirs, this is a small percentageand is therefore seen as a niche genre and does not have a mainstream audience. During our research we also interviewed a likely member of our estimated target audience and one of our ICT teachers called Mr Healy, who matches our social class of A/B and is 35+ and male. Mr Healy is generally a fan of most music styles, he loves old style jazzy music, especially that included in old films related to our genre, but is more interested in a more modern techno style mixed with jazz to create an interesting blend of music, which adds effect, he gave a couple of examples which was Bladerunner and The Matrix, the latter one was especially included about techno music, and how the blend of the two create a very tense atmosphere.However his dislikes are more mainstream pop music such as Britney Spears and Madonna.
  3. 3. Apart from the Film Noir genre, Mr Healy particularly enjoys action films such as IndianaJones and Bladerunner, or films directed by Ridley Scott e.g. Alien.A genre that does not particularly interest him is horror, and the type of film he hates withinhorror is the unrealistic movies such as supernatural type films like Paranormal Activity orScream.The main type of program that appeals most to Mr Healy are deduction or detective storiessuch as CSI or Sherlock Holmes, and in terms of shows that he doesnt like, he detestsprograms that show things with no relevance or unneeded romance in them.

×