• Get in a circle and start with a saying.
• Go around the circle and say the thing to the
• See what it says at the end of the circle.
What happens at the end?
• The word is different. It’s not right. Why?
• The phrase is distorted. It's not the same.
• Truth is a noun. It is a thing to be found.
• You don’t need to be religious to seek truth
• Example: Mulder on the X-Files
• Truth is about what really happened,
is happening, or will happen
Truth in Careers
• Most occupations deal with discovering
truth, capturing and documenting it.
• Why? The truth is an elusive creature.
• Detectives - Look at the evidence to
provide what truly happened
• Judges - work with the jury to decide
what is truth, what truly happened
Truth in Careers
• Accountants - Make the numbers
balance out, obtain truth in numbers
• Scientists - Looking for truth in our
• Students - Learn the truth, test on how
truly you know the truth
The ASL Sign for Truth
• ASL is American Sign Language
• The sign for truth is represented by
talking directly from your lips.
• The sign for lie is represented by
talking out of the side of your mouth
• Talk straight. Say what you mean.
Truth and Honesty
• Truth and honesty are not the same thing
• We grow up equating the two
• Truth is the nugget of info that doesn’t change
• Honesty is a personal attribute that results in
truth “ﬂowing” from an individual.
• That makes truth much easier to ﬁnd!
• What does it mean when you hear
the phrase “it will ﬂy true”?
• Arrows that ﬂy true hit the intended target
• Cars that drive “true” stay between the lines
• The arrow or car has good alignment
• They perform their intended purpose
• John 14:6
• Jesus answered, quot;I am the way and the truth
and the life. No one comes to the Father
except through me.
• John 15:1-4
• I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He
cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while
every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that
it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean
because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain
in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear
fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can
you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
Truth in Jesus
• Jesus is truth, truth is Jesus.
• If you know Jesus you have found the truth.
• Seeking the truth is good.
• It is better than living a lie.
• But it is a restless activity.
• Why?gives you rest and peace.
Because truth lies in Jesus
• Seek after Jesus through the Word of God
• Jesus does not disappoint
• Truth will bring you peace