Restricted Picklist (Pilot)
• Using Apex , Dataloader or
any other API , it is possible
to save any other value than
allowed value in picklist
field. This future will
enforce data integrity and
result in error if selected.
Global Picklist (Pilot)
• Reuse a single picklist field across
• Picklist data clean and redundant free,
less maintenance issue.
External Objects - Writable
• We can Create, Edit as
well as delete records
from external objects
in lightning connect.
• Option available in
External Data source
Separate Loading of related list of external
• External objects are
not on Salesforce
servers and chances
are high that network
issue may cause slow
loading of page if
external object is
added in related list.
Process builder – Schedule multiple action
• Before Winter16, only
one Schedule was
allowed to configure
in process builder.
• Now, we can define
Process Builder - Bulkified
• Before Winter 16 – Process builder issues 1 SOQL internally for each
record, so in batch size of 200 records, 200 SOQL were hitting and
therefore ended with limit error.
• In Winter 16 – SOQL query is bulkified till 20k character limits.
Lookup fields on Activity Object
• Now we can create Lookup
fields on Customer Activity,
very useful feature
File related list
• Files uploaded via chatter are available as a related list on record
Broadcast Group (Pilot)
• Now we can create Chatter group where only intended users can post
messages and other users can add comments. This type of group is
very useful for announcements and avoid off topic discussions.
@Mention record to Group
• You can share record with Chatter group
• Any user in That Chatter group who does
not has access to record will not able to
see chatter post mentioning record.
• Means Group @Mention doesn't provide
access to record being mentioned in
• You can also add Trigger on GroupRecord
Sharing to closely monitor scenario where
record is being mentioned in public group
accessible to customers.
Mute Chatter post – Salesforce classic only
• This is feature right on time when my client asked
me that is there any way to archive chatter posts
and should not appear in feed ? We uses chatter
heavily and posts many automated post to
remind SLA going to be missed in insurance
setup. It is available by default in every new Org
however if you want it in your existing org, we
need to contact Salesforce support to enable it.
• Your Organization may
have many background
objects which should not
appear in Search result.
Now we can control
which object should
appear in Search result
by selecting checkbox
"All Search" checkbox on
Object edit page.
Data Silo : Test classes
with @SeeAllData =
Auto Activate Sandbox
• After Sandbox refresh, we don’t need to wait for email reminder to
activate recently refreshed sandbox.
• Very small but handy and powerful feature.
Rich-text in Chatter post
Now we can use Rich-text in
chatter post as shown in below
image. Please note that this is
available only in Classic
Choose which test to run in Change set
• Default – Keeps the default behavior for all tests. In sandbox, no tests are
executed. In production, all local tests are executed if your change sets
contain Apex classes or triggers. Local tests are all tests, except the ones
that originate from managed packages. If your package doesn’t contain
Apex components, no tests are run.
• Run Local Tests – All tests in your organization are run, except the ones
that originate from installed managed packages. This test level is the
default for production deployments that include Apex classes or triggers.
• Run All Tests – All tests in your organization are run, including tests of
• Run Specified Tests – Only the tests that you specify are run. Provide the
names of test classes in a comma-separated list.
Ability to write Trigger on ContentDistribution
• The ContentDistribution object represents a file shared externally. A ContentDocumentLink
represents a file shared with an internal object, such as a user, group, or record.
• The ContentDocumentLink object supports triggers before and after these operations: insert,
• The ContentDistribution object supports triggers before and after these operations: insert,
update, delete. It supports triggers after undelete.
• Some common use cases for content triggers are:
• Publish content to multiple libraries.
• Prevent sharing specific files or specific file types.
• Deliver content to certain users, profiles, or groups.
• Deliver content only if external sharing is allowed.
• Verify that the latest version of a file is shared.
Setup Audit Trail Object
• Audit Trail information is available via SOQL now
• SELECT Action, Section, CreatedById, Display FROM SetupAuditTrail
PageReference.getContent() in Asynchronous
• You can now make calls to the getContent() and getContentAsPdf()
methods of the PageReference class from within asynchronous Apex
such as Batch Apex, Schedulable and Queueable classes, and @future
methods. This allows you to design much more flexible and scalable
services that, for example, render Visualforce pages as PDF files.