• An Overview of Visual Workflow
• Introducing External Services
• How to Setup an External Service
• Live Demo
• Learn more at Trailhead
An Overview of FLOW
Officially called ‘Visual Workflow’
FLOW: Automate Salesforce with Clicks, not
• Simple or Complex Business
• CRUD Operation
• Screens or “headless”
• A lot of Control
• Blend Clicks and Code with APEX
Step 1: Setup Named Credentials
First, define the Named Credential:
• From Setup, enter Named Credentials in the Quick Find box, then
select Named Credentials.
• Click New Named Credential.
• Enter the Label
• Enter the URL
• Leave other fields as they are and click Save
Step 2: Register Your External Service
1. From Setup in Lightning Experience, enter External Services in the
Quick Find box, and select External Services.
2. Click Add an External Service.
3. Enter a service name and an optional description.
4. Choose a named credential.
5. Enter a schema URL path (or endpoint) or provide a complete
6. Click Next.
7. Click Done
The API Schema File
You can find this API Schema file here:
How to use External Services in FLOW
Learn more @ Trailhead
Automate Your Business Processes with Lightning Flow
Process Automation Specialist
Create a FLOW for your External Services
Cloud FLOW Designer Guide
External Services with Clicks, NOT Code