R U Redy to Give Blud
"We'd been aware of the possibilities for using text messaging for a couple
of years, so things fell into place when Boltblue contacted us," says Weller.
"We decided the best place to start would be with students, because most of
them have mobile phones.
"We tried it out at just five universities last year, which produced a significant
increase in donors. But it was only when we expanded the service to another 25
campuses earlier this year and got a 30 per cent response that we realised it
was really working.
"By using this method, we're making it easy if someone's circumstances
change, such as their address. This autumn, we are using text messaging at
more than 50 universities throughout the UK."
A typical message reads: "Hope u had a good summer. Still up 4 giving blood @
xxx Uni? - c u soon".
National Blood Service
• http://wojtera.edublogs.org/ 1st grade
• Nings, wiki’s
• Wordle - http://www.wordle.net/
• Google Docs or Etherpad -
• Podcasting - Audacity
• Voki’s -http://www.voki.com/
Publishing to iTunes
• Authentic Audience
• Read It, Write It, Say It
• Glass of Milk - http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/striatic/
• National Blood Service quote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/4708954/R-U-redy-2-
• Martin Luther King: http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/e-strategycom/1054179588/
• Pen and pad: http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/clairerachel/86246770/
• Picture of Books: Jim Wenzloff - http://pics4learning.com/details.php?img=books1.jpg