Did You know<br /><ul><li>Phantom power is responsible for wasting an estimated $4 billion in the U.S. annually and this...
The average American home has approximately 20 to 40 electronics plugged in that abuse vampire power
Current estimates 5-15% of household energy use is attributable to phantom loads and may increase to 20% by 2010</li></li>...
To put that in perspective, that's between 200 and 400 terawatt hours…roughly as much electricity as the entire country of...
Globally 1% of CO2 emissions is from standby power
In the U.S. alone, that's equal to the combined annual production of dozens of power plants</li></li></ul><li>Home Applian...
Only 5% of the power drawn by cell phone chargers are actually used to charge phones. The other 95% is wasted when you lea...
Where Are Phantoms Hiding?	<br /><ul><li>Computer Monitors
Speakers
Printers
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Green Switch Fun Facts Kg

1,569 views

Published on

For Your Information

Published in: Career
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,569
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
7
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
3
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Green Switch Fun Facts Kg

  1. 1.
  2. 2. Did You know<br /><ul><li>Phantom power is responsible for wasting an estimated $4 billion in the U.S. annually and this figure could rise by 20 percent by 2010
  3. 3. The average American home has approximately 20 to 40 electronics plugged in that abuse vampire power
  4. 4. Current estimates 5-15% of household energy use is attributable to phantom loads and may increase to 20% by 2010</li></li></ul><li>US Consumption<br /><ul><li>The United States consumes 26 percent of the world's energy. Of that energy, approximately 5 percent is vampire power
  5. 5. To put that in perspective, that's between 200 and 400 terawatt hours…roughly as much electricity as the entire country of Italy consumes in a year </li></li></ul><li>International Energy Association<br /><ul><li>The average household in the U.S. wastes about $1,000 each year in electricity
  6. 6. Globally 1% of CO2 emissions is from standby power
  7. 7. In the U.S. alone, that's equal to the combined annual production of dozens of power plants</li></li></ul><li>Home Appliances<br /><ul><li>In the average home, 75% of the electricity used to power home electronics is consumed while the products are turned off
  8. 8. Only 5% of the power drawn by cell phone chargers are actually used to charge phones. The other 95% is wasted when you leave it plugged into the wall, but not into your phone.</li></li></ul><li>Plasma TV for Example<br />
  9. 9. Where Are Phantoms Hiding? <br /><ul><li>Computer Monitors
  10. 10. Speakers
  11. 11. Printers
  12. 12. Wireless Routers
  13. 13. Radios
  14. 14. Televisions
  15. 15. Cell Phone Chargers
  16. 16. Gaming Systems</li></li></ul><li>Heating and Cooling<br /><ul><li>You can save around 10% a year on your heating and cooling bills by simply turning your thermostat back 10°–15° for eight hours
  17. 17. Savings is as much as 1% for each degree—if the setback period is eight hours long</li></li></ul><li>Heating Cost Estimates<br /><ul><li>The Energy Information Administration
  18. 18. Projects a 15% increase in space heating costs compared to last year, due to both higher energy costs and the expectation of a colder winter 
  19. 19. ACEEE American Council for Energy Efficiency (11/11/08)
  20. 20. Consumers can save about 2% on heating bills for every degree thermostats are turned down </li></li></ul><li>How GreenSwitch Can Help<br /><ul><li>GreenSwitch eliminates phantom power by cutting off all electrical currents from outlets, turns off all lights, and sets your thermostat back to a set point determined by you.
  21. 21. With the flip of just one switch you can substantially reduce home energy consumption by 25-35%</li></li></ul><li>www.LegacyNRG.com<br />512.851.3367<br />info@LegacyNRG.com<br />

×