• Do not gossip. Do not talk smack.
• Watch your arrogance.
• It’s not professional
• It will bite you in the butt
• Visit other classrooms
• Both same and different content
• Show initiative
• What are you interested in?
• What are you good at?
• What would you like to learn?
Last week, you turned in a post-it with one thing you want to steal
from your Mentor…
• I’ll pick three of those.
• If I pick yours, stand, hands at sides, loud voice, and briefly explain
why you wrote what you wrote. Each session we’ll do a few more.
Now, I’ll give you a trick.
How many of you remember I DO, WE DO, YOU DO?
• There is a secondary version… let’s look at it together.
Jill A. Aguilar, PhD * firstname.lastname@example.org
Fisher & Frey, 2008
GRADUAL RELEASE OF RESPONSIBILITY MODEL
“I do it” (You watch)
“We do it” (Together)
“You do it”
“You do it alone”
• PACT Teaching Event Handbook
• PACT TE Rubrics
• PACT TE Academic Language
• Quarterly Review DUE Sunday 9/15/13… Upload to Blackboard Content
• For Next Time… TAP 2