TAP 2 Feedback
• RE my marks… I’m looking for your responses to the prompts… a lot of
underlining is just identifying where you responded.
• Either indent or space between paragraphs…not both
• Judge the success of the lesson against the objective… so, you’re probably
not going to say “yes” or “no” to the question, was your lesson successful?
• Are all Ss ready to move on in the content?
• What is your evidence?
• Yes, use illustrations, charts, graphs, bullets—anything to make your points
• Focus on building an argument rather than telling a story.
• Your argument is only as good as the rubric that you designed to
evaluate the data
• Use precise verbs—instead of e.g., “went through” or “covered” or “walked
around,” tell what the teacher is actually doing.
• Use the language in the prompt—e.g., if they ask for “central focus,” write
“The central focus is…”, if they ask for the “objective,” write, “The objective
• Answer “How did you/Mentor set your Ss up for success”?
• Ss read/feed off of your energy
• Teach your behavior expectations
• Give Ss scaffolds to manage their projects
• QTIP- Quit Thinking It’s Personal
• Collect materials from each other
• Make connections to SpEd teachers
• There are many right ways…
• And, there ARE wrong ways
• Never make empty threats
• Plan, prepare, get ready…