Secret of success & Self
- One Minute Manager!
Professional vs Personal
• Look around…..
– Who is successful?
– What do they do? Differently?
– What types of companies succeed?
– People are still the most important assets!
Why Target Matters?
• A company lost $200K / year contract
– Contractor company didn’t deliver the motherboards
– Contract company didn’t have some small capacitors.
» Manager overlooked the ordering of these capacitors.
» Because of the delay in delivery the client company lost their
production slot / day / hours / contracts.
• There are two key things to look in an individual.
– Character and Performance
» Manager who was accused to be at fault was very well liked.
His boss thought that he was a perfect match for company’s
» At the same time, his boss thought that, this manager had
some issues with his performance as he was always
struggling to meet his deadlines.
• Companies who succeed in meeting their
target deliveries think and act differently!
– Every member of the team thinks and acts like an
– They don’t look farther up the hierarchy for
– Remember: Beliefs drives behaviour
YOU – can contribute!
• Think of……
– Who you are?
– Why you want to be here?
– How you can contribute in greater ways?
– How your being here will help the company’s success?
– How can you increase the customer satisfaction?
• Best people are those who understand who they are…..
• Each second, minute, hour you spend at work, can
contribute – resulting in meeting company’s target
• Customer want what they want, when and
where they want it.
– All with high quality and fair price.
– On target, at agreed price.
• To avoid being a last minute company
– Be in the right place
• At the right time
• With the right solutions
• Understand yourself so that you can deliver
strong results and enjoy personal as well as
• How do you do that?
• What is the secret?
Q1. Rank the following personal and business
priorities in order by placing numbers from 1 to 7
in front of them (1 being the most important)
—Health and fitness
—Faith and spirituality
—Spouse and Family
—Education / Knowledge
—Recreation / Sports
Q2. Rank these events according to their priority in
your life today. Assume that they are all on your
to do list at the same time!
—Doctor’s appointment you had for the three
—Your child’s game, concert etc
—Important customer appointment
—Long planned evening out with friends
—Dinner with your spouse or significant others
• Quality or state of being proper or suitable
• Correctness of behaviours or morals
• Conformity with accepted standards
1. Do the right thing
2. Do it for the right reasons
3. Do it with the right people
4. Do it at the right time
5. Do it in the right order
6. Do it with intensity
7. Do it for the right results
What is right thing to do?
Do the ethics check
• Is it legal?
– Will you be violating either civil law or company policy?
• Is it balanced?
– Is it fair to all concerned? (short term vs Long term)
– Does it promote win-win situation?
• How will it make me fill about yourself?
– Will it make you proud?
– Would I feel good if the news broke on TV or newspaper?
– Would I feel good if my family knew about it?
• Do it in the right order…..
– First step is always to PLAN
• The blue print
• It is impossible to build a house without a plan
– You must not loose the sight of your vision
• Lead by example
• Serve others
• Ask for things you need
• Welcome & Appreciate other’s contribution